Bosch CX ride settings

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Hi all,

New to Bosch, looking in the ride app (Orbea Flow) at the factory pre-set settings.

The first thing we did on the Shimano E8000 was to amend the factory presets as it ate through the battery, so is it the same with the Bosch CX?

If So, what are peoples suggestions of Pre-sets?

Having only played on the bike once on a 5 mile loop to make sure everything worked, Eco seemed OK, Tour seemed to be ideal and the other two were mental?

• Haha
Reactions: Ark

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi all,

New to Bosch, looking in the ride app (Orbea Flow) at the factory pre-set settings.

The first thing we did on the Shimano E8000 was to amend the factory presets as it ate through the battery, so is it the same with the Bosch CX?

If So, what are peoples suggestions of Pre-sets?

Having only played on the bike once on a 5 mile loop to make sure everything worked, Eco seemed OK, Tour seemed to be ideal and the other two were mental?
I think you'll find the Bosch is a bit better on efficiency / range compared to the Shimano.

I'd start with the EMTB mode at stock settings, that should be a good base. Normally can get around 1500 metres elevation out of that.

If you want to eek out a bit more milage, Tour+ is almost the same characteristic as EMTB mode, but requires more rider input.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
OK that's good, I was so used to riding in Eco on the Shimano that EMTB felt "too much" lol.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK

In

On our Trek Rails Bosch CX we mostly use Eco and Tour. Occasionally Emtb when it gets steep or we're getting knackered, and Turbo only when very silly steep.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
In

On our Trek Rails Bosch CX we mostly use Eco and Tour. Occasionally Emtb when it gets steep or we're getting knackered, and Turbo only when very silly steep.
Did you keep all the base factory settings?

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I do but it's an individual thing. I find the stock settings sufficiently wide ranging to just flick between as I need. In reality that works out as 80% in Tour, 15% in EMTB & Turbo for the lols but it all comes down to fitness, terrain & what you want out of the bike on any given ride. In my case, I ride with a couple of normy guys a bit & do that in Eco & the rest of the time, alone with the 80/15/5 thing.

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
I think you'll find the Bosch is a bit better on efficiency / range compared to the Shimano.

I'd start with the EMTB mode at stock settings, that should be a good base. Normally can get around 1500 metres elevation out of that.

If you want to eek out a bit more milage, Tour+ is almost the same characteristic as EMTB mode, but requires more rider input.
Agree….this sums it up well. I’ve settled into using EMTB mode probably 90% of the time on trails.

yomoe

Jun 9, 2020
So Cal
So no one running the Bosh CX in Auto mode? I find the Auto setting to be my go-to setting for just about everything

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
So no one running the Bosh CX in Auto mode? I find the Auto setting to be my go-to setting for just about everything
I don't think many bikes come with auto unless it's a recent change.

mine has eco/tour+/emtb/turbo
a dealer can change the modes out for people who want it though.

tour+ I think had better battery life than auto according to what I read.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Hi all,

I presume your on smart system so can edit all modes..

I found Tour+ a bit too powerful so lowered assitance to -1 and limited torque to 80nm, Eco I lowered torque to 70nm max.

It really is an individual thing though, 93% of my riding is in Tour+ and Eco so I may not be the best to follow, I like to push myself hard physically on the Ebb

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Measure your wheel circumference. The factory settings may not match your actual wheel circumference, therefore the app may not show actual speed and distance. Tire types will have different circumstances also.

My initial settings for wheel circumference was off.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles