Borrowdale Bash ..Slashed!

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
There is a link which I can't get to work ..to sign an objection / upgrade to bridleway status .
If anyone can get the link to work please post below ..thanks.

It’s a long winded form that has to be completed and returned to the Lake District National Park Authority:

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
Bit of a misleading headline, it's a public footpath and bikes aren't supposed to be on it anyway, saying that I have ridden it and there isn't any real reason for not allowing bikes on it, but the same goes for thousands of footpaths around England and Wales (Scotland has a different and more sensible system)

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Yes Stu ..well aware of its status ..I've also ridden it a few times ..what the article / author is asking for is a change from footpath to bridleway ..

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
Yes Stu ..well aware of its status ..I've also ridden it a few times ..what the article / author is asking for is a change from footpath to bridleway ..
Sorry it was a reaction to the original articles headline that you have linked to, their are lots of good reasons for upgrading that footpath and hopefully the National trust will help with that (could they make it a permissive bridleway)

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
I thought it was a bridleway.
We usually stick to the road until the tarn but last time was from the stone circle (which I think is footpath)
There's a cracking bridleway from the top of honister slate mine track.
Drops yo down to gatesgarth farm .
I need to do more up there, just seem to get stuck with winlatter forest etc.

Ken

May 30, 2020
Northumberland
Normally Upgrading from Footpath to Bridleway or even Restricted Byway is a long and tortuous legal process requiring the submission of historical evidence to the Local Authority and takes years to reach a determination usually against objections from Landowners, Frequently the claim is eventually determined by The Government Planning Inspectorate. Seems unlikely to me that The National Trust would upgrade unless there was substantial supporting historical evidence.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Seems unlikely to me that The National Trust would upgrade unless there was substantial supporting historical evidence.

That's the thing, this particular footpath has been used as a bridleway for decades with no objections from the landowner

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
"Complaints by walkers"
What you are really talking about is probably between 1-3 walkers and they probably know each other.
I'd go riding there anyway and claim ignorance should anyone challenge you. If you get some walker scowling at you, it's probably one of those who has complained.

Rostle32

Sep 26, 2018
Uk
Ridden the bash a few times, and you always get the odd walker, who don’t acknowledge you, ignorant, or just a pain !! If the walkers get their way and it stops the Bash being a lakes classic, then bikers need to meet up in Keswick and on mass ride the section of road upto to ashness bridge, slowly and take over the road, causing traffic to wait, therefore causing walkers not to be able to drive to their chosen cafe for a bit of cake, etc! It’s OUR countryside for ALL to enjoy! Not just the salmon paste butty brigade!!! 🤬🤬

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Difficult to do that with newly erected signs at each end stating no bikes allowed ....
And should they disappear in the night :LOL: they arent made of wood are they ?, kindling for campfires burns more brightly when made from such signs.
Metal ones look good on bike workshop walls, like the traffic cone you wake up with after a particular of heavy carousing

I feel sorry for the situation you have down south, where like the feudal estates of old, owned by the few are allowed to deny people a right to roam unhindered.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles