Bontager Line Pro 30

Bramble

Sep 20, 2021
Leicestershire
So the rear hub on my Line Pro 30 on the Rail has developed a fair bit of bearing play after just 800km. Anyone know how the axle comes out of the hub? Can get the freehub off but the axle won't push through (with a medium amount of force). Can't find a guide online.

Have I been unlucky with the hub or do the bearings typically go this quick? Always go for DTswiss hubs on other bikes and never have any problems!

Bramble

Sep 20, 2021
Leicestershire
Managed to change the bearings today. Thought I would post in case anyone else is struggling.

the drive side black cap just pulls off by hand. Then the freehub pulls off by hand. Watch out for the pawls flying off!

To get the axle out, lay the wheel horizontal, disc rotor side down, support the wheel on a couple of blocks of wood on the hub flange. Then use a rubber mallet to hammer the axle through, the non-drive side bearing will come out with the axle. You can now take the non drive side black cap off and the bearing just pulls easily off the axle. Knock the drive side bearing out.

The bearings are 6903's, few quid each.

Reverse the above. I used one of the old bearings against the new ones and a bit of wood to tap them back into the hub.

Pretty straight forward in the end, just don't be afraid to give the axle a bit of welly to get the bearing out!

Wheel nice and solid again now:)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles