Bluetooth connection issue

D-Rock

Aug 29, 2020
North Vancouver, BC
I just bought a 2020 YT Decoy Comp, which has been awesome so far, but I've been having a problem getting the Bluetooth to connect with the Etube app. It has the E7000 display, and when I try to connect it always says "Bluetooth LE connection interrupted, try connecting again." I bought the bike second hand, and asked the PO for the pass key which he provided, and I believe it's the right one because if I try using 000000 (or anything else) I get an error saying it's the wrong pass key. I'm guessing I need to take it to a Shimano service centre to get them to reset it, but wanted to check here to see if anyone had any other suggestions I could try. It has the E7000 display.

Last edited:

Miguel.975

May 14, 2020
ES
Hi. I've just read your post, as I have the same problem with an E8000. There is no way to pair it with the pone via bluetooth.
Did you manage yo solve the problem?

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
Try to delete the Steps device in the phone BT menu and start pairing it from scratch.

Also, make sure you are using the correct BT password.

If you have used other APPS (like STUNLOCK), exit the APP before using etube.

Good luck

D-Rock

Aug 29, 2020
North Vancouver, BC
Hi. I've just read your post, as I have the same problem with an E8000. There is no way to pair it with the pone via bluetooth.
Did you manage yo solve the problem?

In my case it turned out that I had the wrong password. I got the correct one from the previous owner and it was all good. I think if you don't have the right password you'll need to take it to a Shimano service centre and get the password reset.

Django

Nov 11, 2020
Belgium
Recently I bougth myself a Specialized Levo...and it wouldn't connect to my phone. I read on the web it was due to the fact that I had a Huawei...but later on I found out that the main reason was Android 10. The solution is to clear the bluetooth cache and restart your phone (restarting is not always needed) before starting the app. Give it a try and follow the steps below - should be almost the same on another android phone. Hope it works for you as well ?.

bt1.JPG

bt2.JPG

bt3.JPG

bt4.JPG

bt5.JPG

bt6.JPG

Miguel.975

May 14, 2020
ES
Thank you very very much for this explanation. My phone is a but different but I get the idea. Fingers cross

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles