Bike rack.

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
have any of you guys used a Sea Sucker with your E Bikes? im considering one for my Decoy. 20kg limit on the sea sucker means a battery off job i think though.

I'm looking at the Sea Sucker too, otherwise a Thule front-wheel-off rack.

One thing that bothers me about the SeaSucker is the total lack of security. I know most racks have at best flimsy locks, but at least with roof bars/racks I can throw a chain around them when I pop in to Gloucester Services for a latte.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey

One thing that bothers me about the SeaSucker is the total lack of security. I know most racks have at best flimsy locks, but at least with roof bars/racks I can throw a chain around them when I pop in to Gloucester Services for a latte.
Just put a ground anchor through the roof :p

Irfan1712

Apr 15, 2020
RCT, South Wales

Defo agree with the lack of security with the SS. When out on a ride i suppose you have to remember to put the SS in your car as someone could steal that when your out on a ride let alone the bike attached to it at the services etc.

Nature of the beast with the sea sucker i think. i dont really have many other options if im totally honest other than installing roof rails which i really dont want to do.

Jeffsy29

May 6, 2020
Rockville MD
i cant install a tow bar on my car due to the lower diffuser and i dont want to drive around with roof rails on my car during the week or keep taking them on and off.. hence i though the Sea Sucker would be ideal as i dont have many other options really lol
@Irfan1712 - I can appreciate that. I've had several cars that I never have wanted to keep rack crossbars on, or simply won't allow a hitch. Ended up going the more expensive route and bit the bullet on a GTI as a 2nd car for the kids/dog/bike. It's been perfect in that duty. An old pick-up would work too!

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
Hello people i was sick of lifting the decoy in and out of the car and could not bring the dog with me. I bought a bike rack which was delivered today.
I have a question I am used to having alloy bike and this is my first carbon bike. I am paranoid about damaging the carbon.
Instead of clamping the bike on the top tube do you recon it be ok to clamp around the air can?
The way I am looking at it the clamp is not that tight and if the worst happens I can replace the air can? Does any one else hold their bike in the rack like this.?
I got buzz rack e scorpion ( single bike).

View attachment 32049

Hi, attaching my MTB and eMTB's for many years like that. Attachment to the shock for the first bike and attach the second one around the seat clamp. Been on many, many trips to south of France, Italy, Germany, Austria etc, never had a problem. Very secure.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Faarrrkkkk NO

I know several people using a Thule rack with a similar clamp. They just very lightly seat the clamp over the top tube then wrap a velcro strap around it to hold the bike firm. Have started doing that now I have a carbon eMTB.
1590559916975.png

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
Hello people i was sick of lifting the decoy in and out of the car and could not bring the dog with me. I bought a bike rack which was delivered today.
I have a question I am used to having alloy bike and this is my first carbon bike. I am paranoid about damaging the carbon.
Instead of clamping the bike on the top tube do you recon it be ok to clamp around the air can?
The way I am looking at it the clamp is not that tight and if the worst happens I can replace the air can? Does any one else hold their bike in the rack like this.?
I got buzz rack e scorpion ( single bike).

View attachment 32049
Just take an old rag, glove, rubber glive, tyre innertube etc and put itnin the locking jaws, clamping the one thing that controls your rear end of the bike is not the best idea.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Or one of them
BuzzRack does one and there are cheaper ones available. I use mine to hang the bike on my work stand.

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
Hello thanks for the reply I looked at getting one of the fake top tape adapters but with zero stack you would have to put it around handle bar and the tension be off center. The weight of the bike is not on the shock just just to keep it vertical. Maybe a better photo will show what I mean

View attachment 32052

View attachment 32053
Love the E-Scorpion rack, been using it for nearly a year. Would like to buy the dedicated ramp but they are still asking silly money.
You must clamp around the top tube, not the rear shock.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles