Rail (625Wh) Bike bag for plane travel - Rail 9

Hcd

Aug 8, 2021
Australia
I’m looking for recommendations for a bike bag for airline travel with a Rail 9 (large). Bike weight without battery is 21kg, so I’ve got ~10kg for a bag, padding, etc for a 32 kg max.

I’m hiring a battery and will take the battery end caps and cover.

I’m keen to hear recommendations and tips.

Zed

Feb 26, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
I’m looking for recommendations for a bike bag for airline travel with a Rail 9 (large). Bike weight without battery is 21kg, so I’ve got ~10kg for a bag, padding, etc for a 32 kg max.

I’m hiring a battery and will take the battery end caps and cover.

I’m keen to hear recommendations and tips.
Subscribed. Also keen to hear.

Jag009

Sep 9, 2022
Loch lomond
If its just a one time trip a roll of bubble wrap and packing tape does the job its cheap and light weight
just remember to pack a roll of packing tape inside it for you return journey so you dont need to go looking for a roll

Reactions: Hcd

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
"Hiring a battery?" Is that common in your country? I've never heard of it here. How did you go about finding it? I'm interested in the thread because I've fantasized about having the bike on a plane trip. Also in the US there are weird rules about battery sizes and "in equipment" versus loose.

Hcd

Aug 8, 2021
Australia
You can hire the bare battery in NZ, but very hard to find. Some of the extender batteries (not the main ones) can be taken on a plane, but unlikely any main batteries can be taken except on a freight only plane as a dangerous good.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles