Big software update coming for bosch smart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccoyman

Dec 26, 2022
Belgium
Currently my bosch motor, controler etc are all the 4.x range as the last release was few weeks ago.
last night my flow app was update and checked the website of bosch.Bosch versions
They now show except for the battery al 5.x version as latest.
Trying to update does not work (yet) with the app.
Anybody else have this update installed or more info?

Screenshot_20221226_093719_Flow.jpg

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
last update was such a cluster, no way i'm doing this for a while. Now i have extra screens on the kiox to scroll through that i can't use. The navi function is a waste and a few others as well. It would be nice if it were custumizable to exclude stuff you don't use. It would also be nice if the assist settings were more customizable as well as ant/bluetooth options but that's another story

russellb

Jan 21, 2022
Central Coast
last update was such a cluster, no way i'm doing this for a while. Now i have extra screens on the kiox to scroll through that i can't use. The navi function is a waste and a few others as well. It would be nice if it were custumizable to exclude stuff you don't use. It would also be nice if the assist settings were more customizable as well as ant/bluetooth options but that's another story
I noticed the same and was about to post the same question. My Components show 4.x while the Bosch website shows current is 5.x

Tried the Flow app but says I'm up to date

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
Hi,
I checked it for my bike, all at version 4.xx. Website says 5.xx is latest for the components but it can not be updated. So far no news to find in the www.
Let‘s wait and see. 🙂

mccoyman

Dec 26, 2022
Belgium
Waiting is not my strong point, but coming from an IT background the first digit 4 -> 5 would suggest a major now release. So hopefully its a useful release.

mccoyman

Dec 26, 2022
Belgium
Issues as it, not working no. But missing a long list in options and possibilty.
I dont expect them to om the same leven as garmin, but closing the gap a little would be great.

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Good morning,
Ah, okay. I don‘t miss anythimg, except perhaps connectivity with garmin devices - watches & GPS. Maybe navigation without cell phone what would require bigger head unit.

mccoyman

Dec 26, 2022
Belgium
Sounds good, happy to try it first. Just checked today but still no option to install the update. Would be helpfull if there was a release date.

Bike4449

Nov 9, 2022
Auburn
Tried to update 1/13/23 for Kiox. Looks like the flow app is only for basic controller. Sucks. Would love to see update for all controllers!! Bosch is way too slow on software product!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Tried to update 1/13/23 for Kiox. Looks like the flow app is only for basic controller. Sucks. Would love to see update for all controllers!! Bosch is way too slow on software product!
the Flow app is only for Smart Sytems controllers. Kiox 300 is merely a slave screen off the controller ( e.g. LED Remote).

Bosch Ebike Connect is for gen2 systems ( original Kiox etc)

CharlieHorse

Jan 2, 2023
USA
I haven't seem any iOS Flow app updates for many weeks, so maybe they are still waiting for that to roll out across various markets before the firmware that goes with it become available?

russellb

Jan 21, 2022
Central Coast
We have 2 E-Bikes both new, both with the Bosch Smart System 705 Watt battery.

Both are on firmware 4X but Bosch websites shows the latest version is 5.13.0 ????

Is everyone else stuck on 4X ??

Ambodave

Nov 6, 2022
Uk
Hello, Yep same as you. The last update crashed the app and took a few weeks to recover. As said above I think they are waiting until flow app updates.
Mud and slop here so not too worried.😒

bobbinman

Jan 24, 2023
Bath, UK
Hi Newbie here, so please be patient and sorry if this is not in the correct forum
I bought a Cube Reaction pro 625. (2023 model) just before Christmas. Today I fitted the Bosch connect module that allows for the GPS tracking and Alarm along with the new Cube motor cover. After installation and turning on the flow app. I had to download a software update before the connect module would connect/update, I had no choice really. The software update took about 10 minutes via the Flow app and seemed to update fine, well that's what the app said!.
The details below are taken from the Flow app
My Drive unit (Performance Line CX) has software version 5.13.0
The Control Unit is 5.15.0
The Connect Module is 5.54.5
and the battery (PowerTube 625) is 4.14.2
Not sure what improvements/bug fixes there have been over what there was before.

Hopefully get a Gide in soon to see if all working okay.

This may or may help someone.

Last edited:

CharlieHorse

Jan 2, 2023
USA
Hi Newbie here, so please be patient and sorry if this is not in the correct forum
I bought a Cube Reaction pro 625. (2023 model) just before Christmas. Today I fitted the Bosch connect module that allows for the GPS tracking and Alarm along with the new Cube motor cover. After installation and turning on the flow app. I had to download a software update before the connect module would connect/update, I had no choice really. The software update took about 10 minutes via the Flow app and seemed to update fine, well that's what the app said!.
The details below are taken from the Flow app
My Drive unit (Performance Line CX) has software version 5.13.0
The Control Unit is 5.15.0
The Connect Module is 5.54.5
and the battery (PowerTube 625) is 4.14.2
Not sure what improvements/bug fixes there have been over what there was before.

Hopefully get a Gide in soon to see if all working okay.

This may or may help someone.

Nice! Where are you located and what kind of phone are you using?

CharlieHorse

Jan 2, 2023
USA
I just tried it, no update available for me in USA with an Ibis Oso. iOS with Flow app 1.10.4 (but not sure where you find the "78" build version). So this means they are rolling it out by bike model and/or market location.

Edit: found the build, bottom of Settings screen. Also (78), and my app is one month old so we know it's not tied to the app then.

bobbinman

Jan 24, 2023
Bath, UK
I just tried it, no update available for me in USA with an Ibis Oso. iOS with Flow app 1.10.4 (but not sure where you find the "78" build version). So this means they are rolling it out by bike model and/or market location.
The App version was in the flow app /settings and then at the bottom of the page

IMG_2101.PNG

russellb

Jan 21, 2022
Central Coast
Currently my bosch motor, controler etc are all the 4.x range as the last release was few weeks ago.
last night my flow app was update and checked the website of bosch.Bosch versions
They now show except for the battery al 5.x version as latest.
Trying to update does not work (yet) with the app.
Anybody else have this update installed or more info?

View attachment 103539
I got a reply from Bosch.

"Thanks for contacting the Bosch eBike Team. At this stage the latest software version for the Performance Line CX Smart System Drive Unit is 4.21.0. You maybe seeing a software version that is not yet available in your region. Software version and available updates can be checked via your Flow App. "

Pretty frustrating given their website says 5X is the latest and makes no mention of regional differences.

Performance Line CX smart system: 5.13.0

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Nope, mine 2022 has neither Connect Module nor seems OTA on it. I had it connected with IOS 16.3 Iphone this afternoon and checked for updates: all up to date - SW 4.21.0

bobbinman

Jan 24, 2023
Bath, UK
That’s probably why mine did update last Tuesday. I had just fitted the connect module and my bike is a 2023 model that does support over the air updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles