Mission Control Best BLEvo, mission control, Strava, devise for the money and mini sized

AZ-EMTB

Jun 14, 2020
Arizona
I Love my 2019 Levo and really like BLevo but wanted a dashboard without mounting my big expensive phone to the handlebars i also want a clean cockpit, even though I said I wanted a dashboard, lol so what I've come up with fill both rolls and more… in fact has even replaced my phone. I Found a small full android phone that is also a watch (not a watch running some special version of an OS) This thing has just a 2.86in screen but is a full quad-core 3gb ram 32g storage 4g GPS android 7.1 phone. It also has a built-in heart rate monitor if you wear it like a watch. I bought a universal Garmin mount removed the straps and gave it a go… 3 weeks later it has replaced my phone the quick-release mount lets the tiny phone slip in my pocket, i can video chat, Facebook, BLevo, Strava, Music, Youtube, take pics etc its a full phone with sim card and all… just tiny. Best of all its cheap.. 140usd cheap. It's way more capable than other dedicated options. It's really a no brainer for an e-bike. My phone company added a sim for 10 bucks a month so less than my taco bell to have full 4g on it..lol. I did make a TPU mount for it so i didn't have to use the sticker back mount so I can put the watch straps back on if I ever wanted to, i'll post if anyone is interested. Also, it has a 2880mah battery I've run it at full brightness BLevo screen on for 4 hrs and still had 77%. There are some tricks to get the best aspect ratio for the screen on apps. There are some settings I found that make this really usable. Ill post those as well if there is interest. Here are some pics and size comparison. This works with most phone companies that use sim cards (ATT, T-Moblie, Sprint, Cricket, Metro pcs etc) does not work with Verizon

I also added a link to it, they have them in the US and CN warehouse. I am in no way affiliated with them but if you go use my link I get some points to save on my next purchase.. This way i can lie to my wife how much i spend ...lol

www.banggood.com/custlink/DmGEd2ApY5 USA

www.banggood.com/custlink/GD3ddzsJJb CN

Blevo.jpg

hr.jpg

Mount.jpg

onbike.jpg

Size.jpg

Strava.jpg

video chat.jpg

watch.jpg

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
That's pretty cool.
how did you make the mount?
and if you remove the straps is it comfortable in a front pocket of jeans like a normal phone?

And how does it behave in the rain with the screen on?

Last edited:

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
Great more functional alternative to those yearning for a Garmin Edge because of the size. Where did you get the mount?

AZ-EMTB

Jun 14, 2020
Arizona
That's pretty cool.
how did you make the mount?
and if you remove the straps is it comfortable in a front pocket of jeans like a normal phone?

And how does it behave in the rain with the screen on?
I bought a universal GPS/Garmin mount off of Amazon it came with a sticker back mount the twist locks in but I did not want to sticker it to the back so I made a strap that replaces the wrist straps and holds the Garmin twist lock,. so i can remove the phone just with a twist. and it goes in a pocket better than my full-size phone. for rain it claims IP67 but haven't tested that.. but due to the fact its meant to be worn as a watch I do belive rain should be no issue.

AZ-EMTB

Jun 14, 2020
Arizona
... does not work with Verizon :mad:
Nope but a prepaid sim from Walmart is like 10 bucks tho, a Burner phone is always nice....lol you can also sling data to. But really in AZ Verizon is tearable v.s Tmobile for coverage.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles