Bent hanger?

Goughy75

Sep 22, 2019
UK
My wife has a Stereo Hybrid 140 pro 2018.
Can anyone compare these pictures against their own bike and let me know if the derailer looks bent. The bike was dropped and the gears are now out of alignment.

20200603_143823.jpg

20200603_143804.jpg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I don't know what the hanger is supposed to look like, although it does look awkward in the way it joins with the mech.

Send a pic of the rear mech from the rear of the bike. The mech should be hanging vertically in all positions. If it isn't then the hanger is bent. If it is badly bent, then it's new hanger time. If it is only a bit bent, then a tool called a "mech hanger alignment tool" can be used to restore order. Every bike shop should have one and do the job for about £10.

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
I don't know what the hanger is supposed to look like, although it does look awkward in the way it joins with the mech.

Send a pic of the rear mech from the rear of the bike. The mech should be hanging vertically in all positions. If it isn't then the hanger is bent. If it is badly bent, then it's new hanger time. If it is only a bit bent, then a tool called a "mech hanger alignment tool" can be used to restore order. Every bike shop should have one and do the job for about £10.
Agree, a hanger alignment tool is essential and worth every penny. I’ve fitted 2 new hangers recently, both needed minor adjustment to get perfect alignment / indexing.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles