Battery cover thieves prevention Cube reaction hybrid one 2023

Please Help

Oct 21, 2023
Sweden
Hello,
I use my Cube reaction hybrid one for pretty much everything these days commute, shopping etc.. I always take my battery with me whenever I leave it outside for more than 15 minutes. But should I be taking the battery cover as well? Everyone can just remove it and I'm worried thieves may try to brute force it to see if the battery is inside and ruin the frame. I cant find it being sold anywhere either and Cube cant tell me a place to buy a reserve. But then it's big, clumsy and often dirty so I don't want to bring it inside a coffee shop for example. Has anyone gotten their battery cover stolen before?

Please Help

Oct 21, 2023
Sweden
Maybe I should. I wonder if it's possible to retrofit some locking mechanism in place of the cover's button as well? Wild world we live in.

Nick314

Jun 9, 2022
Monmouthshire
Maybe I should. I wonder if it's possible to retrofit some locking mechanism in place of the cover's button as well? Wild world we live in.
A mate of mine had one stolen at the pub. He now has a Velcro strap on it with a small padlock. Its enough to make them go somewhere else. The cube system is an issue, I know have a Canyon thats a proper pain to get into and the whole thing has the new Bosch alarm/gps...which is almost too good its painful at home! Can't complain

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles