Awesome riding spot near Edinburgh

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
Any one from around the Edinburgh area will recognise this YouTube clip. It is a place I used to ride my Moto Enduro bike a lot until the Police started to get too many complaints from locals, I don't blame them you dont want a 450 4t MX ripping around a few hundred meters from your house.

But, you can take your eMTB here no problem so I think next weekends mission will be a revisit to an old stamping ground. Good vid of Chris Smith riding here on an analogue MTB before he switched to eMTBs, bet he would have had a lot more fun with his Kenovo here ;)

@Gary if you fancy checking this out, give me a PM.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yeah.

Haven't watched the vid but from the pic and description it'll bethe bings out whinchburgh way. I rode there many many years back. Infact my first ever off-road ride on an mtb was out there 30years ago ;)

I should be free Friday to Sunday this week

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
Yeah.

Haven't watched the vid but from the pic and description it'll bethe bings out whinchburgh way. I rode there many many years back. Infact my first ever off-road ride on an mtb was out there 30years ago ;)

I should be free Friday to Sunday this week

Correct, thats the bing at Broxburn.

This is the one at Philpstoun, near Winchburgh

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Watched the vids now. Had forgotten how good some of Chris' videos used to be...
Yeah. Ebiking there should be fun.
The Philipstone one made me laugh that they used the soundtrack from uNreal. Do you know those guys?

I still reckon it'll be a few years yet til Ebike riders can look as stylish riding as non ebike riders..

Talking of Edinburgh riding spots, Have you ridden Carberry? (outside Musselburgh). it's a great wee spot, bit of everything from flowy, DHy, Jump/bermy, stunts and even XC if that's your bag.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles