Aussie Prices

BS!

Oct 8, 2019
BRISBANE
Hi All,

Demod a 2019 merida 160 900e today from the local 99 bikes. Loved the bike, probably the only thing I didn't like was the dropper on it. Apart from that it was a heap of fun and such a planted, stable bike and I rated it pretty highly.

Anyway, I was pretty keen but when it came time to make an offer the best they could do was knock 200 bucks off the asking price which I thought was a bit stindgey considering it had over 100km of demo thrashing on the clock. As a result I walked away from the deal.

Out of interest what prices are people in aus paying for these things? Is there much bargaining to be done?

Cheers

Last edited:

BS!

Oct 8, 2019
BRISBANE
so $1 k below what other shops are advertising? $2k below retail.
Merida eOne Sixty 900 E-Mountain Bike Red/Black (2019)

You walked away from that price?

edit - scratch that, they're advertising the 900 as a 900 e so only $1 k off retail

Correct. $6699 is their club price so $6499 for the demo model they had on the floor. Trust me if it was 5 and a half k it would in the shed already.

Last edited:

brash

Jul 19, 2019
Aus
I bought mine from interstate and had It shipped to me in Sydney, Considered "ex demo" with 17km on it.

$6k and $150 to ship it. Hard to find a "L" in black however. Good luck.

Reactions: BS!

Lad

Nov 15, 2018
Australia
Bought myself 900E from my local Merida/Trek/Norco dealer on Saturday for $6500. Black/gold in Medium. He said is nearly impossible to get them in Large, no stock left. He also said that he could get me a green one for $6300.

Hell of a bike for the money.

Nairbr

Feb 17, 2019
Perth, Western Australia
i paid $6300 for my 900e from 99 bikes but it had a few visabe paint chips & blemishes and 40k's on the clock, I think it had a very short but hard demo life.
After nearly 6 months of bush riding it daily, I still get the same thrill as my 1st day on it.
Worth every cent i paid for it.

BS!

Oct 8, 2019
BRISBANE
Picked up the new steed today. When I placed my order i had the choice of green or green.. I had never seen a green one in the flesh but I actually dont mind it. I also had Brad from Bear Skins come and apply some frame protection (highly recommend Brad for any qlders wanting frame protection).

Unfortunately off to work for another swing tomorrow morning so won't get to ride it for three weeks. Gonna be a long 3 weeks....

Upon my return ill chuck some nukeproof flats on, adjust the controls and suspension to my liking and then get stuck in. Cannot wait! Thanks again to everyone who provided feedback and answered my PMs. Super excited with my purchase.

20191126_171533.jpg

Ozzie

Nov 10, 2019
Newcastle Australia
Hi All,

Demod a 2019 merida 160 900e today from the local 99 bikes. Loved the bike, probably the only thing I didn't like was the dropper on it. Apart from that it was a heap of fun and such a planted, stable bike and I rated it pretty highly.

Anyway, I was pretty keen but when it came time to make an offer the best they could do was knock 200 bucks off the asking price which I thought was a bit stindgey considering it had over 100km of demo thrashing on the clock. As a result I walked away from the deal.

Out of interest what prices are people in aus paying for these things? Is there much bargaining to be done?

Cheers

Mike Hawkins

Dec 1, 2018
AUSTRALIA
Hi All,

Cheers
Bought my 160-900E 2019 model December 2018 from 99 bikes and paid $6990. Which for the specs was bang for buck. Upgraded the Reverb remote to under bar and fitted on left side using e7000 switch.
How much are they asking for the one your interested in ???

Pinned

Nov 5, 2019
Adelaide
Just put a deposit on a large black 900e. Pick up tomorrow. To get that spec list on a 2020 bike, your up to 10 grand. Just getting the tires swapped for 2.6s and then giddy up its go time.

DoubleD E

Nov 18, 2019
Sydney
Nice price - 99 bikes only have Mediums left in 160 900e about 6 left in the stores national wide , as soon as the 2020 model dropped the 2019 models flew out the door.
We are getting a couple 2019 models for work but will need one large one medium so might have to go down in spec to the red .

BS!

Oct 8, 2019
BRISBANE
Just put a deposit on a large black 900e. Pick up tomorrow. To get that spec list on a 2020 bike, your up to 10 grand. Just getting the tires swapped for 2.6s and then giddy up its go time.

Exactly why I grabbed a 2019. The 2020s look super nice but couldn't justify the mass price increase to get the same spec. Congrats on your purchase ?

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
Nice price - 99 bikes only have Mediums left in 160 900e about 6 left in the stores national wide , as soon as the 2020 model dropped the 2019 models flew out the door.
We are getting a couple 2019 models for work but will need one large one medium so might have to go down in spec to the red .
I've got a red 900 and it's a great bit of kit. On the plus side it doesn't have a horrible reverb dropper post :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles