Auron 35 Boost

tomato paste

Mar 18, 2019
Germany
Any thoughts on this fork compared to Fox 36 Performance Grip, or just in general as a lower cost option?

There isn't much in the literature (google search) about the new Auron, and the LBS just shake their head 'no' when I ask about it.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I've got one on the wife's bike. It's a budget fork and as budget forks go it seems one of the better ones, but it's no where near as good as a fox 36 of any type.

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
I would totally disagree with saying it's like a rockshox 35 I've got the aion 35 but it's got the updated damper With high/low compression and rebond it's as good as my mates revelation and my old yari it's not as good as a lyrik or fox 36 but it's probably 80% of them and less than half the price I've ridden the 35 it's an awful fork very harsh oh and suntour forks can't be as bad as alot say since Tom pidcock just won novomesto world cup xc on one and world champ Tracy Hannah used em tbh I'm finding when riding speed on a bike is 95% rider and 5% equipment ? Hope it helps

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I would totally disagree with saying it's like a rockshox 35 I've got the aion 35 but it's got the updated damper With high/low compression and rebond it's as good as my mates revelation and my old yari it's not as good as a lyrik or fox 36 but it's probably 80% of them and less than half the price I've ridden the 35 it's an awful fork very harsh oh and suntour forks can't be as bad as alot say since Tom pidcock just won novomesto world cup xc on one and world champ Tracy Hannah used em tbh I'm finding when riding speed on a bike is 95% rider and 5% equipment ? Hope it helps
Yeah I'd go along with that, it's (auron) a decent fork for the money, all the adjustments work properly and it's well made and not heavy etc. It's just not as controlled when the going gets rough and fast as something like a fox 36.

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Yeah I find normal flowy trails great small bump is pretty good and big impact things like jumps is good but the repeated medium stuff like a rough Rocky trail or something with bad braking bumps it doesn't have the same support or grip not bad but I would loose a bike length through a rough corner but tbh it's few a far between when I'm going balls out these days I tend to ride at 75-80% I'm 43 in July with 4 kids lol it hurts now when I fall off ? oh just a note suntour make alot of rockshox forks for them upto mid level say recon sektor Reba and revelation that's not a coincidence ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yes the top end Suntour forks are very close in terms of level of performance/set up to the big names, and quality is on a par.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles