Arriving in the land of eMTB when my Cube arrives this week!

withersea

Apr 2, 2023
Leeds, UK
So glad to have this forum! I have so many questions and knowledge gaps. I am a long time mountain biker who'll get his first ebike delivered this week.

I've got a Cube Stereo 160 650 Race coming from MTB Monster in Blackburn. It looks like the best mix between a good frame and battery combo with a good but heavy set of components.

I can't decide how much I need to look at weight reduction when kit wears out. With the total weight of the bike is saving a few hundred grams on components worth it? Or is there payback on battery life?

I will be getting my set of sixth element carbon wheels rebuilt to boost hubs, as that feels like a worth while investment. There seems to be a good chunk of weight to be saved between a deore and XT 12 speed cassette, so I might do that at the same time.

The bike comes with the bottom.of the range domain forks. I am looking for the cartridge upgrade to make it the equivalent of the RC model. Has anyone done this?

Cheers

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Elite
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
Hi welcome
Weight saving for the most part is as you have mentioned a battle you dont need to win with an emtb
The assistance over comes it and your riding style needs to adapt a bit with the weight but you will enjoy the ups and the downs so much you want even notice after a couple of rides
Just enjoy the new bike (y)

withersea

Apr 2, 2023
Leeds, UK
This is it Maynard! Hoping it arrives before the Bank Holiday weekend.

S_0_78772_637003_S_00_1920x1920.jpg

Feb 27, 2023
Teesside UK
I looked at the Cube as an option but steered to the Orbea.

I would agree with Fat Rat, don`t worry too much on trying to save weight. You can spend so much money and only save a kg or more.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles