Ard Moors on an ebike?

TomRob

Feb 7, 2024
West Yorkshire
Hi guys,

I’m racing Ard Moors this weekend, have done it 3/4 times on the MTB but due to various reasons I’m doing it on my eBike this year.

I’m a bit concerned about getting round the full course on my 720wh battery Shimano EP8 powered bike… has anyone got any experience riding it on one battery?

Cheers!

Last edited:

Elsketcho

Jun 13, 2020
Bettsyw7nw10
I previously done it on my cannondale moterra. i had the motor off as much as possible and when I did put it on it was only in eco.

TomRob

Feb 7, 2024
West Yorkshire
If anyone is interested, I got round it super easily on one battery... using mostly eco and some trail, I actually had 3 bars left when I finished! 25.56 miles and 4762ft of elevation. Unreal weekend!

IMG_6664.png

TomRob

Feb 7, 2024
West Yorkshire
Good to know! Were you kicking yourself you didn't use the higher modes a bit
Kind of! Was pretty happy with my result and I feel like I actually would have been fine on my MTB but definitely could have got away with using trail a bit more. Really impressed with the range of my Heckler though 🙌🏻

TomRob

Feb 7, 2024
West Yorkshire
Well done, how was the climb to stage 5(?) the one with all the steps where you have to carry?
Wasn’t too bad… there is a steep little track that runs up just to the left of the steps so just used walk mode up that. It was fine in the dry but I’d imagine it would be pretty impossible!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles