Apple Watch HR in BLEvo not accurate

MrBoon

Feb 24, 2020
Andorra
Hey guys, I recently got my 2020 Turbo Levo. Now I have an Apple watch Series 4 which I like to use to track my heart rate. This works very reliably if I for example use Strava on the Apple Watch, but Strava does not connect to the bike, so by using Strava I'm missing cadence data.

Mission Control from Specialized doesn't detect my Apple Watch, so until they add support for that, using MC is out too.

BLEvo does connect to both my bike & my Apple watch, so in theory this should all work, but in reality BLEvo doesn't really monitor my HR accurately. Only a few times in a ride does it update the heart rate.

I read a little trick that if you manually start a workout on your Apple Watch while having BLEvo active, it will keep the HR working in BLEvo, but so far that hasn't really worked for me. It only updates once every half an hour or so.

Maybe there is something I should change in the settings on my phone or watch? Or possibly in BLEvo?

This is the output from a 25km ride:
fgdjkKy.png

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
The HR measurement is not bad on the Apple Watch. I have a medical condition and I’m connected up to HR monitors of various types at various points of my hospital visits. The Apple Watch always matches them.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
The HR measurement is not bad on the Apple Watch. I have a medical condition and I’m connected up to HR monitors of various types at various points of my hospital visits. The Apple Watch always matches them.
The internet is full of different test, mainly triathlon sites. Many testes and it's not accurate, but mainly good enough

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
The internet is full of different test, mainly triathlon sites. Many testes and it's not accurate, but mainly good enough

Do you have a source please? I’m interested in reading.

There’s a lot of articles out there that back up my experiences too.

Petethenomad

Nov 28, 2020
Comox, BC, Canada
Due to the problem mentioned above, I found it easier to wear my Polar H10 chest strap linked to Blevo.That works reliably other than the odd Bluetooth reset required on the phone. I often record the ride independently on my watch as a backup.

It would be nice if the watch connected reliably but I love and appreciate Blevo.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles