Apparently, "e" is now achingly fashionable

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I read this article with mixed feelings, not sure I want to be grouped with the fashionistas.

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
The more people taking to riding bikes rather than cars has to be a good thing. even if the rider has a 10k downhill bike, a manicured beard and is riding through Chelsea. I've been building diy ebikes for over ten years and have seen the evolution of many aspects of what can now be bought in bike shops. When I started Ni-Cd and even lead batteries were still common on diy builds. you would strap a battery wherever you could. Put a spanner on the rear axle tied to the bike frame as a torque arm to stop the motor ripping out of the dropout. finding how much power one could get out of a motor before you cooked the magnets or the nylon gears melted was what it was all about. As always, things become main stream. We are living in a battery revolution so anything electric is now a fashion statement.
not sure what I'm getting at but the bloke in those pictures is going to get his bike nicked as soon as he pops in a coffeshop, and to be honest, I'd probably be the one to do it?

Last edited:

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I'm sure that article made perfect sense in german, and just got translated into nonsense english.

That website takes itself far too seriously....

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
"Hold my pint of craft ale Giles - I'm going in..." that Rohloff does sound interesting "E14 with electronic 14-speed Rohloff hub gear shifting".

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have a lot of high net worth clients in central London, and during lockdown they all went ebike crazy, I even ended up assembling them for a few who had bought them online. Pretty common site round Chelsea right now, especially the E-Cargo bikes that you can do the school run in.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Hopefully Steves not been back on the forum since 5.30pm. Either that or you have totally pissed on the mans chips :unsure: . Personally i think he has good style but that's coming from someone who has non :p
If I had a biking style, it would be "grunge".
And for the avoidance of doubt I'm not talking about stylish riding!

Trig

Sep 23, 2020
Scotland
I think my style would be called "gunge" then.
Blind myself with snotters on bumpy stuff. :sick:

Not sure i fit in with the trendy trend...

Last edited:

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
I have a lot of high net worth clients in central London, and during lockdown they all went ebike crazy, I even ended up assembling them for a few who had bought them online. Pretty common site round Chelsea right now, especially the E-Cargo bikes that you can do the school run in.

The trouble with this is that if there are loads of very wealthy people buying up all the high value E-MTBs then manufacturers are never going to need to drop their prices for the rest of us!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
No different to normal bikes, where I live in Surrey half the roadies look like they stepped out of a pro tour Peleton, and MTB wise you wouldn't think anyone is lacking in disposable income. Nuff high end Santa Cruz's and S-Works round here already before EMTB's took off.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles