Anyone seen the new Moterra SL ?

scrufy

Jan 29, 2024
So Cal
It's supposedly the lightest "full power" emtb. Maybe competition for Levo.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
600wh battery….. I have never been a fan of flex stays. They are ok for xc race bikes where you expect to get your backside beat up, but pivots provide less feed back into the frame imo.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
It's not the flex stays that would put me off this, the flex bit is at the horst link which probably only sees a couple of degrees of rotation anyway.

The main downside of this bike is the shimano motor imo

Ride 2d@y

Jul 12, 2023
Mexico
Good looking Emtb - why no Transfer dropper? (Kashima)
Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 7.49.07 AM.png

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
This bike caught my eye also... I agree there is not much movement at the flex stay point so not really an issue (I think). Not sure about Canondale's warranty support. The bike looks awesome.

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
600wh battery….. I have never been a fan of flex stays. They are ok for xc race bikes where you expect to get your backside beat up, but pivots provide less feed back into the frame imo.
I'm surprised that none of the bike manufacturers have made a 'proper' job of flex blades. High end single-seater racing cars have had titanium blade 'pivots' for years now. With some clever design on bikes they could even perform the job of the spring as well as locating the wheel.

scrufy

Jan 29, 2024
So Cal
I'm actually really happy with my 6 month old Moterra Carbon One but I'm curious how this will compare. Mines heavy.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles