Anyone ordered a yeti e160?

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Have 3 rides in for ~75 miles/120 kilometers. VERY impressed so far. Took a couple rides to dial in the suspension and tire pressure just how I like it. Absolutely beast of a machine! Fely natural right out of the gate and looks incredible in person. I am 6ft/183cm tall and ordered a large. Reach feels just right. Could have easily gone with an XL and chose large for a more agile riding traits.

Most impressed by its climbing abilities and how agile/nimble it rides. Haven't done any park riding or super knarly downhill yet. Purchased this emtb to compliment my YT Decoy Elite dh sled. Previous had a Gen 2 Levo S-Works that I had ~900 miles/1,500km on with all kinds of rides and my Decoy has over 1,000 miles/1,600km of various trails and conditions.

Have ridden my buddies SC Hecker and my other riding buddies Canyon Spectral so I can use these as a baseline to compare. To me it fills the gaps from my previous Gen 2 Levo (slacker headtube angle/steeper seat tube angle) and much more poppy and climbs better due to the riding characteristics of the Sixfinity rear suspension. Not to sound like a Levo basher, absolutely loved the bike except for the repeat mechanical issues.

If I could only choose one bike, this would be it! Can feel the increase power of EP8 motor (85nm) vs E8000 motor (70nm) on my Decoy and feels on par, just slightly less power then the motor on my Levo (95nm). Would say the 630wh battery has increased my range by ~25% over the Shimano 540wh battery on my Decoy.

I use the ST UNLOCKER app to dial in the Assist settings. Although I switched out a few components from stock T1 model (also went for the carbon rim option), all the components I changed were the same as I spec'ed on my Levo.

Specs on my Yeti-160E:
Frame - T1 TURQ Series Carbon with Ridewrap Tailored Kit
Suspension - Sixfinity 6 Bar Linkage
Rear Shock - FOX Factory Float X2
Rear Travel - 160mm
Fork - FOX Factory 38 GRIP 2 170mm E-Tune with Slik Graphics Yeti Camo decals
Front Travel - 170mm
Shifters - Shimano XT
Rear Derailleur - Shimano XT
Crankset - Shimano EM900 34T 160mm
Cassette - Shimano XT
Cassette Range - 10-51t
Chain - Shimano XT
Brakeset - Shimano Saint Brake Levers/
Magura MT7 Calipers/Magura 220mm rotors
Handlebar - SQ Lab Carbon, 30mm rise, 780 x 31.8mm
Grips - ODI Elite Pro Yeti Edition
Stem - Nukeproof Horizon 31.8 x 50mm
Headset - Cane Creek 110 Integrated
Saddle - Ergon SM E Mountain Sport
Seatpost - SRAM Reverb AXS 31.6 x 170mm
Wheelset - DT Swiss EXC 1501 Carbon 30mm
Front Axle - 15 x 110mm
Rear Axle - 12 x 148mm
Tires - Schwalbe Eddy Currents 29 x 2.6"
Pedals - Deity TMAC Signature
Motor - Shimano EP8
Battery - SHIMANO 630Wh Internal
Weight - 49.9lbs

Feel free to ask any specific questions.

20211128_095451.jpg

20211128_094937.jpg

20211128_094836.jpg

Davidh218

Jun 14, 2019
Scotland
Have 3 rides in for ~75 miles/120 kilometers. VERY impressed so far. Took a couple rides to dial in the suspension and tire pressure just how I like it. Absolutely beast of a machine! Fely natural right out of the gate and looks incredible in person. I am 6ft/183cm tall and ordered a large. Reach feels just right. Could have easily gone with an XL and chose large for a more agile riding traits.

Most impressed by its climbing abilities and how agile/nimble it rides. Haven't done any park riding or super knarly downhill yet. Purchased this emtb to compliment my YT Decoy Elite dh sled. Previous had a Gen 2 Levo S-Works that I had ~900 miles/1,500km on with all kinds of rides and my Decoy has over 1,000 miles/1,600km of various trails and conditions.

Have ridden my buddies SC Hecker and my other riding buddies Canyon Spectral so I can use these as a baseline to compare. To me it fills the gaps from my previous Gen 2 Levo (slacker headtube angle/steeper seat tube angle) and much more poppy and climbs better due to the riding characteristics of the Sixfinity rear suspension. Not to sound like a Levo basher, absolutely loved the bike except for the repeat mechanical issues.

If I could only choose one bike, this would be it! Can feel the increase power of EP8 motor (85nm) vs E8000 motor (70nm) on my Decoy and feels on par, just slightly less power then the motor on my Levo (95nm). Would say the 630wh battery has increased my range by ~25% over the Shimano 540wh battery on my Decoy.

I use the ST UNLOCKER app to dial in the Assist settings. Although I switched out a few components from stock T1 model (also went for the carbon rim option), all the components I changed were the same as I spec'ed on my Levo.

Specs on my Yeti-160E:
Rear Travel - 160mm
Front Travel - 170mm
Shifters - Shimano XT
Cassette - Shimano XT
Cassette Range - 10-51t
Chain - Shimano XT
Front Axle - 15 x 110mm
Rear Axle - 12 x 148mm
Motor - Shimano EP8
Weight - 49.9lbs

View attachment 77635

View attachment 77636

View attachment 77637
Cool nice build I’ve got one ordered through work just waiting on them coming to the U.K. got some bits to change aswell, I’ll be fitting mt7 race lines got some king hubs to build onto ex511 rims so I will use the standard wheels as spares

Captain45

Oct 1, 2019
Usa
Man that is almost too nice to ride. How would you compare the "weight" to the gen2 Levo? Does it feel more nimble even though they come in at about the same actual weight? Im coming from a Gen2 as well and not sure if Im going to Rise route yet.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Was really impressed with how nimble and agile the Yeti rides. Loved my Gen 2 Levo and had to be a more active rider due to riding characteristics. Yeti actually climbs a little better, rear wheel traction with Sixfinity suspension is top notch. Yeti is light years more fun on the dh. Not quite on the level of my YT DECOY but better than all the other emtbs I've ridden. Before 29ers became the rage, had some awesome 27.5 mtbs. The Canyon Torque CF was my fave and loved how fun it flowed thru turns and handled. Yeti 160e reminds me of that feel. It also rides lighter than its weight. If I had to only rude one emtb, Yeti 160e would easily be my choice.

Jaspy

Jun 9, 2021
Bea Sea Canada
Congrats on the new ride Singletrackmind 👍
What stand is that your using in the pic’s? I’m having a heck of a time finding one that fits an ebike. Thanks!

Jaspy

Jun 9, 2021
Bea Sea Canada
Thanks for the reply, I am currently running 27.5 x3 Studded Wrathchilds and 2.8’s in the Summer. That’s part of the issue, sorry to hijacker your thread. Your ride looks absolutely superb 👍 cheers 🍻

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
Care to enlighten us as to why?
Just a personal thing really, I was hoping for more, all the work has gone into the rear end, as it had to seeing as the motor goes where the switch infinity one was.
The integration is antiquated compared to Specialized, no adjustable headset, geometry isn't what you'd call progressive, the SB130 has better geometry and that's 3 years old, build specification isn't really top end, the whole thing just looks old and yet is commanding a premium price, I suppose it depends on how much you value the headtube badge, I'm guessing the second generation e-160 will make me sit up and take notice.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Just a personal thing really, I was hoping for more, all the work has gone into the rear end, as it had to seeing as the motor goes where the switch infinity one was.
The integration is antiquated compared to Specialized, no adjustable headset, geometry isn't what you'd call progressive, the SB130 has better geometry and that's 3 years old, build specification isn't really top end, the whole thing just looks old and yet is commanding a premium price, I suppose it depends on how much you value the headtube badge, I'm guessing the second generation e-160 will make me sit up and take notice.
Points well taken. When I heard they were finally coming out with an emtb, thought it would have had some more innovative features after spending 5+ years of R&D. Biggest miss for me was not having their own motor and battery like Spesh. Generic aftermarket motor and limited range battery was almost a deal breaker for me. Thinking they may add more models like they did with the SB's as well as a next gen 160e.

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
Points well taken. When I heard they were finally coming out with an emtb, thought it would have had some more innovative features after spending 5+ years of R&D. Biggest miss for me was not having their own motor and battery like Spesh. Generic aftermarket motor and limited range battery was almost a deal breaker for me. Thinking they may add more models like they did with the SB's as well as a next gen 160e.
Agreed, 5+ years of R&D and yet they're behind the competition, I just think they have compromised what was their USP, switch infinity, for the sake of wanting a piece of the EMTB market, personally I think the only way they could be honest about their new design is to revamp their current range for 2023 implementing their new suspension platform otherwise they will forever have to answer which suspension platform is the best be it e-bike or not.

ridesantacruz

Feb 4, 2020
Santa Cruz
Nice bike! I have a Kenevo SL, came with the Sram code brakes, did not like them, replaced them with the TRP Evo-DH but do not love them either. I have had the shimano XTR 4 piston brakes on my previous bike and I was thinking I would go back to them. I really like the power and adjustability of the shimano servo-wave brake levers. How do you like the Shigura set-up? Met someone on the trail that had your same brake set-up, they liked them but mentioned it was a pain to get the brake pads not to rub.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Nice bike! I have a Kenevo SL, came with the Sram code brakes, did not like them, replaced them with the TRP Evo-DH but do not love them either. I have had the shimano XTR 4 piston brakes on my previous bike and I was thinking I would go back to them. I really like the power and adjustability of the shimano servo-wave brake levers. How do you like the Shigura set-up? Met someone on the trail that had your same brake set-up, they liked them but mentioned it was a pain to get the brake pads not to rub.
Have the Shigura set up on all my emtbs and would not consider any other brakes. Haven't had any issues with brake pads rubbing. Have changed pads and rotors with no issues. My buddy installed same set up on his SC Heckler with no issues. Magura rotors are .200 thick where as most manufacturers are .180. Take a little more time during install to align calipers and you'll have no problems. After running 220mm front/back on new Yeti, loved the modulation and stopping power so much upgraded to 220mm f/r on my YT Decoy.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Since you already have the Shimano levers, all you'll need is the Magura Calipers. You will also need Magura brake lines. STRONGLY recommend you use the Magura barb and Shimano olive. Inside diameter of Magura brake line is .020" bigger then Shimano, so theoretically it could leak. Have no choice but to use Magura Royal Blood brake fluid. Be sure to bed those puppies in and be careful 1st time you jump on them going downhill. I almost pitched over the bars!

EMTB!

May 22, 2020
Eagle, Idaho
Here's mine. It started out as a C1. Frame, bars and tires are what's left. Love the bike so far, but my Kenevo SL is my #1 favorite bike of all time. Just hoping the next version has a tiny bit more power and battery. I think a decent power and range mid 40lb ebike would be my ultimate machine. The Kenevo SL with a similar power and battery set up like the Orbea Rise would get it done.

IMG_1121.jpg

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Here's mine. It started out as a C1. Frame, bars and tires are what's left. Love the bike so far, but my Kenevo SL is my #1 favorite bike of all time. Just hoping the next version has a tiny bit more power and battery. I think a decent power and range mid 40lb ebike would be my ultimate machine. The Kenevo SL with a similar power and battery set up like the Orbea Rise would get it done.

View attachment 78055
Nice build! Looks like you went with SRAM AXS drivetrain, Magura brakes and ENVE wheels? I debated going with AXS and stayed with the Shimano XT. Recommend using ST Unlocker app.

Bosko

Aug 18, 2021
OC

Specs on my Yeti-160E:
Rear Travel - 160mm
Front Travel - 170mm
Shifters - Shimano XT
Cassette - Shimano XT
Cassette Range - 10-51t
Chain - Shimano XT
Front Axle - 15 x 110mm
Rear Axle - 12 x 148mm
Motor - Shimano EP8
Weight - 49.9lbs

View attachment 77635

View attachment 77636

View attachment 77637
How did it compare to the Heckler?

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Was impressed with how agile and free flowing the Heckler rode. No comparison when climbing, Yeti is in an entire different class. Also give the nod to Yeti on all dh aspects with the SC Heckler performing better on groomed singletrack/flowy trails. Think the Yeti geometry (slacker headtube angle/steeper seat tube angle) makes it a more versatile all-round bike. Yeti feels lighter then it weighs and the 29er wheels gives a smoother ride giving up just a bit of nimbleness to the SC. Don't get me wrong, SC is a great emtb and I strongly considered it. Have owned a couple SC mtbs and like the VP suspension. Guess it comes down to which traits you place more emphasis on. I have a YT Decoy and wanted an emtb that would compliment it.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA

View attachment 78055
Did you switch out the cranks?

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
I did with the EThirteen aluminum 165 cranks. Waiting for the carbon version to become available again.
Wanted to switch my 165mm Shimano XT cranks out to 160mm cranks. Only a couple options for the E8000 motor. Went with the E 13's and are due to arrive this week. Have you had any issues with crank arms becoming loose/falling off? Looks like some people didn't torture tight enough. How do you rate the E13 cranks?

EMTB!

May 22, 2020
Eagle, Idaho
Wanted to switch my 165mm Shimano XT cranks out to 160mm cranks. Only a couple options for the E8000 motor. Went with the E 13's and are due to arrive this week. Have you had any issues with crank arms becoming loose/falling off? Looks like some people didn't torture tight enough. How do you rate the E13 cranks?
Hey sorry for the late response. No issues as of yet, although I don't have many miles on them yet. We have bad weather for a bit longer then the true test will begin...

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego

Specs on my Yeti-160E:
Rear Travel - 160mm
Front Travel - 170mm
Shifters - Shimano XT
Cassette - Shimano XT
Cassette Range - 10-51t
Chain - Shimano XT
Front Axle - 15 x 110mm
Rear Axle - 12 x 148mm
Motor - Shimano EP8
Weight - 49.9lbs

How do you like that saddle? Did you consider the Ergon SM - E Mountain Pro vs the Ergon SM E Mountain Sport?

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
Hi, Latest I heard from Silverfish was late spring for UK deliveries. Might delay me order for the 2023 model if there is one.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles