Levo Gen 2 Anyone gone from a coil shock back to air shock on the Levo?

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Why go back?
Poppier ride?
Why?
When you have all set up good, coil is allmost as poppier as air, almost.

For me it is all about smoothes F/R, thats why I ride coils on both ends.

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona
Why go back?
Poppier ride?
Why?
When you have all set up good, coil is allmost as poppier as air, almost.

For me it is all about smoothes F/R, thats why I ride coils on both ends.

would using a progressive spring help with getting a poppier ride ?

losgatosgtr

Feb 7, 2020
Los Gatos, California
So the CC link is more progressive (23% vs. 16% stock link), but it has a higher overall leverage rate, biased to the beginning of the curve:
View attachment 34981

At the 30% sag (~ 16.5mm for your 55mm stroke), the leverage rate of the CC link is about 6% higher leverage ratio. Meaning - you will need more force at the shock to hold the same sag position. CC recommends 5% more spring rate on their site.

That being said, if you are thinking that the 600lb spring was a bit firmer than you would like on the Levo, this link could definitely help with that. It will be plusher off the top and not give too much on the bottom out or midstroke, especially if you feel you are oversprung.
Yes the math makes sense so if the 575 lb spring feels fantastic on the Levo using the stock linkage moving to the Cascade link with a 600 lb spring should work out pretty well. I just want to be sure that with the 55 mm travel shock using the new Cascade linkage I don't damage the frame in any way. I would hope that cascade engineering took that into account when they did the machining on the linkage?

Is it possible to run the flip chip, in high and low setting, with a 55 mm stroke shock and cascade linkage setup without damaging the carbon frame?

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Yes the math makes sense so if the 575 lb spring feels fantastic on the Levo using the stock linkage moving to the Cascade link with a 600 lb spring should work out pretty well. I just want to be sure that with the 55 mm travel shock using the new Cascade linkage I don't damage the frame in any way. I would hope that cascade engineering took that into account when they did the machining on the linkage?

Is it possible to run the flip chip, in high and low setting, with a 55 mm stroke shock and cascade linkage setup without damaging the carbon frame?
You may want to email them to ask. I am not sure what they tested for the Levo. They have limited space to work with the packing, but I would expect it to be ok.

But yes, if it does "touch" the seatstay at 55mm, flip chip going to "high" would help eliminate any touching. Geo becomes a bit less aggressive though, not my preference. Keep in mind too that you have a tad less than a 1mm of shock stroke that is "blocked' from the EXT Storia's fully compressed bottom out bumper (info from Andrew when I was asking about the shock prior to purchase)

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
No idea. I have no idea if you would like a larger negative chamber with a smaller main chamber volume or not, sorry I can't be any help there.

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
Hello,

I have installed the megneg upgrade kit on the RS deluxe and the difference is noticeable.
But with 2 bands on the negative chamber and the blue 3.5 spacer, I need 270 Psi! With the standard air can I was at 190 Psi. So I need more than the extra 20% announced by RS.
I will try with an extra band and hope it will reduce the pressure.

For the megneg users, what are your settings?
Thx
I just stumbled on this thread but better late than never. Yeah, I experienced the same on my RS Deluxe RT (‘19 Comp). 195 psi for 30% sag went to 250-270 psi with MegNeg. Stock positive spacers were 3.5 blue + 1 red. For MegNeg I started with green 2.5 and 0 neg bands (RS recommended to remove 1 or 2 pos spacers). Felt too squishy and just about bottomed. Tried 2 bands and not much different. Now at 3.5 blue, 3 bands, 250 psi and it’s poppier. I doubt it was due to 1 more neg band. Prolly all from decreasing the positive volume with corresponding ramp-up of spring rate.

SimiEMTB

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2018
Californai
I put a Ohlins thx on my Levo. It’s made tuned for the stumpy/levo. Love it. Smashpot in the Mail for the Pikes. I may go up a little on spring rate for shock. Bottoming at around 4ft drops but love traction, bombing through rock gardens, with current rate. Looking to perfect the balance.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles