Anyone familiar with trails in Banff?

daveh0

Jun 4, 2022
Colorado
Greetings - I'm looking for some intel from a Banff (Alberta Canada) local or someone with extensive knowledge of their trails. I'm going to be with a group of people (moderately athletic... in their 40s) with very little MTB experience who will be renting something along the lines of this guy:

1654349090660.png

I'm trying to map out a route that takes us on some trails (of a difficulty appropriate for people without much riding experience) accessible from Banff townsite as well as a little exploring of the town itself.

I'm currently working off of this brochure. The route I'm starting to piece together involves mostly trails rated as "moderate ride". My question(s) is this:

Regarding the trail difficulty ratings, are they relative to the Banff/Canmore community that no doubt has small children more adept on 2 wheels than 1 or 2 of the city-folk in my group... or relative to the average person capable of staying upright? From the descriptions, it sounds like *most* of the "moderate" trails are rated as such due to long ish climbs (alleviated by the e-bike) or sections of single-track... less like they are super-technical in nature. Would that be an accurate statement? Are there any trails where someone not comfortable riding a section wouldn't be able to just dismount and walk the bike to the next stretch where they once again felt steady?

Or should I plan on keeping them on the "family friendly" and "easy"' rides?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles