Anyone else lost a battery cover?

TommyC

Jul 7, 2022
Hampshire
Battery cover fell off yesterday. Been back round twice looking for it. Can’t understand how I didn’t notice it fall off?

Anyway, has anyone else had to buy a new cover? It seems it doesn’t come with the button catch so have to order multiple parts. Any idea where I can get it all from?

N.R.G.

Nov 17, 2022
Hampshire
I have dropped mine twice almost didn't notice the first time as I was on some rough ground and just thought it was a bit of debris, the other time was just at the start of my ride and noticed straight away
I can understand how it can fall off without you realising and in hindsight I might start riding with a couple of velcro straps to secure it

What bike do you have ?

Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
Yes I lost mine from my 2022 Cube 160.
It fell off while on the back of the car , we eventually went back and found it later but it had been run over several times so needed replacing
They're not easy to get hold of, I had to wait a couple of weeks for the cover and a few months for a new button, luckily I was able to attach the old one and make do while waiting for the replacement .

Tepi

Nov 18, 2018
Finland
Kyllä, menetin omani vuoden 2022 Cube 160:stani.
Se putosi auton takaosassa, lopulta menimme takaisin ja löysimme sen myöhemmin, mutta se oli ajettu useita kertoja, joten se oli vaihdettava
Niitä ei ole helppo saada käsiinsä, kantta jouduin odottamaan pari viikkoa ja uutta nappia muutama kuukausi, onneksi sain vanhan kiinni ja pärjätä vaihtoa odotellessa .
Asennettu omaan Cubeen 140 SL kannen sisäpuoleen noin 7mm,elastinen matto pala.Akku ei anna ääniä kivikossa,kannen ruuviin tulee myös esijännitys.Kansi irtoaa vain avaamalla. Kokemus14000 KM.

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
I lost one from a Cube as well, didn’t hear it come off. The replacement is held on with 2 Velcro straps. I used an old mudguard as a makeshift cover while I was waiting . Didn’t look pretty but kept the crap out

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
Battery cover fell off yesterday. Been back round twice looking for it. Can’t understand how I didn’t notice it fall off?

Anyway, has anyone else had to buy a new cover? It seems it doesn’t come with the button catch so have to order multiple parts. Any idea where I can get it all from?
If it’s a cube, try the Electric bike shop, they stock the buttons and can usually get the battery covers.

TommyC

Jul 7, 2022
Hampshire
I bought a motor cover from the electric bike shop and it took 3 months to turn up!

Just ordered all at my lbs. £52 in total. Cover is in stock so I’m going to zip tie it on and wait for the button

Evelhornet

Feb 13, 2023
Wales

I have a spare one with the button catch, in good condition. What year is yours?

THA

Sep 16, 2023
Finland
Simple fix, some velcro to cover the cover ;)
-lost covers none since this simple fix ;)
1697570336980.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles