Anybody tried Spank Spoon mountain bike bars?

LJR69

Jan 4, 2022
UK
I'm considering picking up a Spank Spoon 35 bar for my Giant Reign E+1. I'm curious whether anyone has ridden with them before and if so, how did they find them in terms of vibration dampening, stiffness, and ride comfort, and their overall strength/longevity?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I use their pedals which I have found to be good quality and well designed......not their bars however but their kit seems good. ( I use Deity bars)

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Elite
May 7, 2020
The Darkside

LJR69

Jan 4, 2022
UK
Now also taking a look at Deity bars and seeing what's available here in the UK.

gareth burton

Jul 27, 2020
S. Wales UK
I currently have a set of spank spoon high rise bars. Needed a riser to sit more upright as I have core issues. They do the job for me on a varied mix of terrain and for me they're more 'comfortable' than the original bars on my Whyte e160.

Kingerz

Jul 11, 2021
Australia
I’m also considering Spank Vibracore, but wasn’t aware of carbon‘s dampening qualities. Can someone elaborate on that and reccomended a brand/type?
Carbon alledgedy dampens trail vibrations. i don't think it does having used many over 18 years. they do snap, though.
Spank vibrocore is recommended, 4.9 stars everywhere. often sold out though.

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
I have carbon bars on a rigid bike, its the enve branded very expensive designed to be flexy, costed $140. Its more flexible than the aluminum, and did help a little in handling the rigid carbon fork, but as per vibration and small impacts, a beefy front tyre with low pressure is much more effective.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles