Anybody gone down the Rohloff hub route ?

GuyWo

Mar 6, 2021
Leicester
Seriously thinking of going for a Rohloff hub on my e150rs, has anyone already done it or recommendations for a good LBS that can do all the measuring it requires.
Thanks in advance
Guy

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
I have had my R&M delight mountain with Rollhof and gates belt for 3 months now Was desperate to get away from derailleurs and all the faff.
The Rollhof has electronic change which is superb and coupled with the Gates belt makes post ride cleaning a doddle , simple , gentle hose/brush down and Bobs your Auntie. Just what I wanted . It is heavy though but if you can fit it to a light frame things would be great.
I find the Rollhoff gear change switch is too fiddly because when I need to change quickly I fumble with the switch especially when wearing winter gloves Trying to find some Shimano style levers which are much easier to use.
There are other systems which you should research especially Revonte if it ever comes to market.
Let us know how you get on
IMG_20211203_124747591.jpg

verysideways

Oct 17, 2018
Cotswolds
Another one here with an R&M Delite Mountain Rohloff.
So far so good. Ploughs through mud without clogging up the cassette and derailleur (as they aren't there!) and is generally at home wherever i have taken it. The only thing i miss from my Kenevo is the Ohlins coil shock, in every other respect this bike is better (for me).

The Rohloff is brilliant. 1st is as low as i'd ever need and i rarely go above 10th or 11th, but 14th has been used a few times on some long tarmac downhills. I relocated the rohloff shifter so it's under the bar rather than on the bar and that helps, but other than that it's as it came from R&M.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Verysideways. Hi. Interested in how you mounted the gear selector below the bars. I find I have to look down at the switch to be sure I press + or - which can be “inconvenient” on some occasions, with levers that was not a problem. Cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles