Any Orbea Rise owners Aberdeen NE Scotland area?

Blinkie

Jan 11, 2020
aberdeen
Any Rise owners in Aberdeen / NE Scotland area?

Interested in your thoughts how they are in the Scottish environment of sloppy muddy trails.

I'm Keen to try sizes, I'm thinking a Medium or Large. Due to lack of any dealers in this area having any actual bikes to sit on and try I'm loathed to guess a size before I buy.

B

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Having lived in and ridden in Aberdeenshire for 14 years, I can tell you it is drier than the Pennines!

Yes, everywhere gets muddy and wet. Bikes are built to withstand it.

My Rise takes an absolute pasting in the mud and peat bogs on the moors and comes back for more!

Biggest issue you might have is temperature as that can have a small effect on battery performance and range.

I'm 5'10" and on a Large Rise. I also have a Large Merida and my wife has a Medium Merida. I find the Large sizes just about right with the Medium being a bit cramped.

Good luck in your search. Check out the discount thread on here as some of the M10/20 bikes from last year are discounted. New models have options on battery size but I don't find the 360whr in my Rise to be an issue (25 Miles/3000ft easily) and you can always add the Extender (252whr) for the big days (or insurance on marginal rides).

Good luck with the hunt!

I love my Rise!

TtheArab

Jul 7, 2019
Hayabusa!303
Blinkie

Down in Auchterarder and own a Rise H in large. FWIW I think it is more than capable but still to get loads of time on it given a purchase late 2022.

I got a good deal on an H30 and upgraded just about everything I could for the fun of it. All in I think it's way beyond top spec you could buy in alloy for about £2k less.

If you are down this way and want a go then just ping me.

Snrbrtsn

Apr 7, 2021
Uk - Scotland
In Aberdeen but have Levo …. I know not much help.
Banchory cycles deals in Orbea, not sure how up to date there site is or how they are on stock

Blinkie

Jan 11, 2020
aberdeen
So managed to get a sit on a M & L not able to take out as they are showroom bikes not demo bikes.
Medium it is, dealer not willing to move much on rrp compared to the deals available online, saving in excess of £1k buying online I just can't ignore that.

Anyone had pitfalls with warranty buying online and getting local dealer to assist?

Snrbrtsn

Apr 7, 2021
Uk - Scotland
Well done !
Im hasten to add too much just, my take on it!
Which I accept, sounds very foolish as £1k is considerable discount.

Local bike shop relationship is priceless, your buying far more than an ebike, more an evolution of R&D that as yet, is not perfected regardless of manufacturer!

My bike is back in for reincarnation, albeit more terminal than previous visits…….
Bike Remedy in Stonehaven have been absolutely first class in handling warranty repairs, granted dealing in different bikes & manufacturers, it’s more the etiquette and responsiveness that would have me digging deep in pockets for next purchase from them and gladly forego online discount for the peace of mind, knowing my turn around will be prompt and pleasing!

How receptive any shop shall be with Joe Bloggs customer Im unsure, though know the frustrations of advances with previous bikes was less than fruitful!

Good luck with your purchase regardless!

Blinkie

Jan 11, 2020
aberdeen
To invoke the cover provided under this warranty, the user must proceed to the point of sale where he/she purchased the product, so that the distributor can process the claim. If it is not possible to visit that distributor or if visiting same would result overly burdensome for you, the user, you may go to another official ORBEA distributor to process the claim or contact ORBEA directly via the to receive instructions on how to process the warranty claim. When filing a claim under this warranty, the user must provide a copy of the purchase document (sales invoice) for the bicycle to ORBEA or the distributor

From orbea website ref warranty, seems fairly straight forward..... 😬

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
I would take the discount and use the local dealer for warranty. They may charge you labour for warranty work as they didn't sell the bike, but £1k is a lot of labour!

I bought mine from Germany and use my local (non-Orbea but) Shimano Service Centre to deal with it and have no issues.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles