Any one else have problems getting the CX battery out of Cube frame

Rich-Baillon

Jul 19, 2019
UK
Hi,

My wife has a Sting 120 (3 months old) and I have started having real problems getting the key to release battery from the frame. I know you can charge with the battery onboard but there are times when I prefer to remove it for washing etc.

sarnie63

Apr 15, 2019
East Yorkshire
Hi,

My wife has a Sting 120 (3 months old) and I have started having real problems getting the key to release battery from the frame. I know you can charge with the battery onboard but there are times when I prefer to remove it for washing etc.
You are supposed to leave the battery in place when washing the bike.

Snoozeboy

Feb 20, 2019
Lausanne
Are you talking about an internal or external battery as Cube has models that do either?

I had a few issues with my battery not engaging properly (see other thread in Cube section) and also sticking. My LBS sorted it out during a dropper post installation. I think this is a common issue with Cube internal batteries, but it's easily fixed by adjusting the mechanism.

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
My Cube Reaction had a similar problem (still does) and it seems to be the plastic casing inside slips out of alignment and makes it difficult to re/install.
I wiggle it about and it goes back in.
I also had trouble with unlocking it. I squirted a lubricant in the key hole and put grease on the key. It works but still a bit iffy..

Vfour800

Feb 24, 2020
Brackley Northamptonshire
My Cube was a problem when I first got it. The battery wouldn’t release easily and it wouldn’t relocate properly.
It just needed the lock mechanism adjusting with an Allan key. Took a couple of goes but all good now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles