Any 2020 power 29 owners who have ridden a Decoy?

M3Doty

May 20, 2020
California
I have put in quite a few miles on the yt decoy demo bike. I am 6'1" and have enjoyed both the XL and XXL. I'm soon to bite the bullet on an ebike and really want the 29r team, but can only purchase blind. Anyone here who has ridden both and your opinion on comparing the two. Thank you

Fuellerr

May 9, 2019
USA
I have a 2020 Meta power and have ridden a Decoy, the Decoy is lighter I really liked it I thought the suspension was really good right out of the box and it turned great because of 27.5 on the rear. I am 5'11" and the large felt a bit small for me and had I bought one I would have got a XL but here in the States the YT's are on constant backorder. So I ended up getting the Meta Power and I am very happy with it and the large fits me Perfect everything about the Meta is really good and it is the absolute quietest bike I have ever rode, I don't think you would make a bad choice with either one

flynnyfalcon

Apr 21, 2020
Melbourne
First thing I noticed was how quiet it was also. Previous bikes haven’t been loud, but with the MP29, hub noise is almost non existent. Personally I enjoy the noise of type on ground.

renedis

Jul 17, 2019
The Hague
You get the YT "feeling" on a YT.. YT owners will understand.. I own a YT Tues and when I went for a ride on the Decoy it instantly felt like home and recognizable comparing to my Tues.

But then again.. I hate mullet bikes so much that I looked for other bikes and found the Meta Power 29" team. It checked all the boxes that the Decoy did, plus it was a real 29".

When I received the MP29 I saw that it was a really big bike and had some concerns. I've got size L with the 175mm dropper. After tuning in the suspension I did some trails and knew that I made the right choice. The bike felt the same as a Decoy, or even better.

I now own the bike for 6+ months and couldn't be happier then ever. I'm also doing bike parks with the bike and am now even thinking about selling the Tues so the MP29 can be my "do it all" bike. I was never interested in the 27.5" SX, I've always wanted a 29".

The only thing I can't decide for you is the Decoy 29". When I bought the MP29 there was no Decoy 29". That's the only curious part that I have left although the Decoy 29" has 150mm travel, the MP29 170mm travel and probably isn't capable of doing bike parks.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles