Any 1 done london to brighton

mark1a

Mar 11, 2019
Dorset, UK
I’ve done it on my (non e) gravel bike. It wasn’t part of the official BHF event so route was different although unbeknown to me, it was the same day and came across many of the BHF riders from Guildford onwards.

I didn’t stay over but next time will probably stay in Brighton. I left my van at Brighton station and caught the train to Clapham Junction, rode on road to Hampton Wick and then off-road back just over 100km. First part to Guildford was mostly towpath along the river navigation, after that was mostly disused railway. Harder than it looks despite being pan flat. Bike didn’t need booking in advance but there’s only room for a handful of bikes so potluck whether you get on. I think bikes on that route are not permitted at peak times, weekend should be OK.

Strava track here
103.7 km Ride Activity on September 21, 2019 by Mark M. on Strava

Ride from Clapham to Hampton Wick
16.9 km Ride Activity on September 21, 2019 by Mark M. on Strava

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
I’ve done it on my (non e) gravel bike. It wasn’t part of the official BHF event so route was different although unbeknown to me, it was the same day and came across many of the BHF riders from Guildford onwards.

I didn’t stay over but next time will probably stay in Brighton. I left my van at Brighton station and caught the train to Clapham Junction, rode on road to Hampton Wick and then off-road back just over 100km. First part to Guildford was mostly towpath along the river navigation, after that was mostly disused railway. Harder than it looks despite being pan flat. Bike didn’t need booking in advance but there’s only room for a handful of bikes so potluck whether you get on. I think bikes on that route are not permitted at peak times, weekend should be OK.

Strava track here
103.7 km Ride Activity on September 21, 2019 by Mark M. on Strava

Ride from Clapham to Hampton Wick
16.9 km Ride Activity on September 21, 2019 by Mark M. on Strava
Cheers pal you turning up this year

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles