ANT+/LEV Sensors Problems with Wahoo Roam

boarder87

Oct 4, 2022
Germany
Hi All,

I like the clean look of the Reign E+ with the remote and no additional display. Since I use a Wahoo Roam, I found it brilliant to integrate the Ebike's sensor values on the Roam and also to have them in the records (komoot, Strava, ...)
I could already read from both Garmin and Wahoo that the pedal power (watt) does not fit and shows far too little. Also that there are problems with the distance in connection with Wahoo. I've noticed partly 4 times the distance, partly only half.
That's why all the recordings aren't correct, which is why I deactivated the Ebike sensor.
Now I tried again and put my Wahoo RPM sensor on the front hub. A first short test matched my GPS distance very well. I'm curious if the workaround works reliably.

Anyone have a Giant paired with a Wahoo? Does anyone have experience with the workaround? I would be interested to know if the problem is with Giant or with Wahoo.

KlaasNorg

Jul 22, 2021
Netherlands
Best workaround I found was selling the Wahoo and buying a Garmin. At first I hated the Garmin because the Wahoo is much more user friendly, but now I am used to the Garmin and happy I made that choice. Sad to see Wahoo is still having trouble to get good data out of the Giant.

boarder87

Oct 4, 2022
Germany
With the RPM sensor I got good results yesterday. 50,8km on wahoo, 49,3km calculated by komoot and 52,8 km measured by Giant Ride Control.
Way better than before.
Garmin is a really expensive workaround...and I know also people who switched from Garmin to Wahoo because of troubles.
Let's see, the problem was already announced several times to wahoo, but the are not willing to tell me the progress of the ticket.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles