Annoying brake pad rub on disc rotors.

Feb 27, 2023
Teesside UK
Hi there,

I have a 2022 Wild M10 and have regular pad rub on the rotors and wondered if anyone else has the same issue. This seems to happen when the bike is in anyway leaned so wondering if possible that the wheels need tensioning but I have only done around 550kms.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Not familiar with the Wild but it is certainly possible on some rear hub designs for the axle ( not the thru axle) to require resetting after the sort of distance you described.........depends on the hub design.........due to the grease used when originally assembled being displaced. If it is happening on the front wheel it is possible your thru axle is under tensioned. Its usually c 10nm.
It is also possible your spokes require retensioning.

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
when your leaning I think the spring clip holding the pads will be slightly shifting to one side and zinging the rotor, I don't think it's possible to get rid of it without changing to different brakes. but you can try

• Loosen calliper bolts on the frame
  • Insert credit card between each brake pad and the Disc Rotor.
  • Pump brake lever then hold tight whilst you tighten the calliper bolts.
  • Remove cards & check for rubbing
  • Repeat if necessary

• next look at the pads, slowly press the brakes and see if one moves before the other.
  • If one is slow there was a trick to fix it but I'm not sure what it was.
  • I think it was putting a flat head screwdriver in the gap next to the spring clip for the fast moving pad and pressing the brake lever (but it may have been the opposite way and you insert it on the side of the slow moving pad)
    Its basically just trying to shift the clip slightly towards one side in order to try and get both pads to start moving at the exact same time

Random image from google so I could put arrows on it for either side of the spring clip
Untitled.png

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles