Angleset for 1st generation Spectral On

Jonnymac

Feb 21, 2019
Inverclyde
Is anyone running an angleset on a first generation Spectral On? If so, which one?
Yes been running a Works Components 1.5 deg headset for about a year. No issues apart from it felt a bit weird for first few minutes of riding whilst getting used to slacker angles. Since then I’ve loved it and found it benefitted the handling.

Wolfgang

Mar 21, 2021
Kernow
Yes been running a Works Components 1.5 deg headset for about a year. No issues apart from it felt a bit weird for first few minutes of riding whilst getting used to slacker angles. Since then I’ve loved it and found it benefitted the handling.

Was this with the 1st generation on?

Interested in putting a 1.5 degree Works headset in my 2021 bike, unsure if there is any difference in the headset they used between the two distinct models?

Jonnymac

Feb 21, 2019
Inverclyde
Yes it was a first gen frame
0A54DA4C-1FD0-47C1-90E7-2CB6AC2530CD.jpeg
with external battery

dykov

May 25, 2020
Poland
Hello,
I want to share with you with my latest tune for my Spectral:ON AL. This is model year 2020 (frame 2019). I have installed Works Components -2degree angle set. For those who wants to buy this set - this is: "2.0 Degree EC44-ZS56 Angle Headset - Tapered Steerer Tube - Headtube Length: SET 3 110-119mm"
So after installation I have decided to put rear end in upper position in order to get a bit more of Bottom Bracket and seat tube steeper for uphill comfort.
After this setup my geo changed to: Head angle 65,6; seat angle 74,6; Bottom Bracket -26mm. Seems very solid for enduro riding up and down hill and I hope I won't shred my support on rocks so often as it was with original setup.
3 fotos: 1. Original, 2. Angle set -2deg 3. Angle set -2deg rear end in upper position

1 regular.jpg

2 angle set 2deg.jpg

3 angel set 2deg up pos.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles