Alternatives to BPW

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
Looking to venture a bit further afield later in the summer, but with some people on non EMtbs. Are ther any other places in the UK similar to BPW where they have some good flow trails and an uplift?

For some reason I really struggle to find info on where the good places are around the UK. The sticky on good trail centers / bike parks is a good idea, but didn't seem to gain traction.

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
Looking to venture a bit further afield later in the summer, but with some people on non EMtbs. Are ther any other places in the UK similar to BPW where they have some good flow trails and an uplift?

For some reason I really struggle to find info on where the good places are around the UK. The sticky on good trail centers / bike parks is a good idea, but didn't seem to gain traction.

There's dyfi, revs (actually that might be closed now?) Antur stiniog and one giant leap Llangollen that I can think of off the top of my head that are uplift.

Bpw though has a massive amount of trails compared to any of those and the others are more downhill focused than flow.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Antur Stiniog is ace. Not loamy or rooty, rocky, but fast flowing and an excellent uplift service. We got 17 uplifts in the day without trying too hard and stopping an hour for lunch

At BPW we managed about nine uplifts in the day,, and that was really going for it with no stops for lunch

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
dirt farm you dont need an uplift with EMTB. Easier to pedal up. concrete track and goes straight up. Take 2 batteries though.
amazing place, madness. BPW wrecks your wrists and arms with the vibration, this isn't the case at DF - very smooth.

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
Antur Stiniog is ace. Not loamy or rooty, rocky, but fast flowing and an excellent uplift service. We got 17 uplifts in the day without trying too hard and stopping an hour for lunch

At BPW we managed about nine uplifts in the day,, and that was really going for it with no stops for lunch

The trails are at 3 times the length though at bpw, much shorter at stin.

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
Thanks all, seems like BPW really is the best place in the UK for both the variety and length of trails. Haven been to 417 though, so will give that a go.

Was hoping there would be some good stuff in Scotland, but doesn't seem like it from what I can see. Apart from the normal trail centres of course.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
The trails are at 3 times the length though at bpw, much shorter at stin.

Good point, so I compared my Strava data for both

Antur - 47.6 miles and 12.7k ft elevation

BPW - 49 miles and 9k ft elevation

(Data includes the uplift too)

So quite similar after a full day of riding, but Antur was far more relaxed & chilled and I much preferred the trails there. Easier for us to get there too, going back for a couple of days uplift in August 👊🏽

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles