Levo Gen 2 Alright, what handle bar and stem combo is everyone right with.

Tjmarsh

Aug 7, 2020
Alaska
Looking to upgrade my handle bars from stock on my 2021 for a better fit in the cockpit. Understand this is obviously unique to every rider for fit/feel, Im just looking for what everyone else has done and if your happy with it.
I’m 6’1 ~180ish lbs (81kg) riding a large turbo levo comp. I currently have four 5mm spacers under the stem with stock bars. I think I’m interested in the vibrocore bars or renthral carbon bars with 35mm-40mm rise. Anyone riding this particular set up and is happy with it?

Grizzy

Mar 10, 2020
TX
Renthal are really good. Flatter sweep. Broke a pair of FB carbon lights, but carbon dh have handled everything Ive thrown at em.

I'd look at Deity (stiffer, more sweep and oneup (Flexier more sweep) as well. They all have a bit different personality. Try some for an actual ride if you can.

stems, renthal are my go to. Only broke one when i hit a tree kinda right on the face of the stem (not same as bars).

Tjmarsh

Aug 7, 2020
Alaska
Renthal are really good. Flatter sweep. Broke a pair of FB carbon lights, but carbon dh have handled everything Ive thrown at em.

I'd look at Deity (stiffer, more sweep and oneup (Flexier more sweep) as well. They all have a bit different personality. Try some for an actual ride if you can.

stems, renthal are my go to. Only broke one when i hit a tree kinda right on the face of the stem (not same as bars).
What rise you riding with on your bars and step length? I think I’m mostly stuck on the geometry and length, I’ve always ridden stock on all my bikes.

Grizzy

Mar 10, 2020
TX
Im on a 50mm stem, 30mm rise bars at 750 width & 170 44 offset fork (slacker front).

6' even, longish wingspan for my height.
Stem should be close to fork offset. If your on 51 id stick between 40-60.

bar width has two considerations:
1) conmfortable width for your tree gates
2) body position (wider bars pull you more over the front, so wider bars+shorter stem puts your trunk mass about the same as longer stem With narrower bars.

i prefer longer stem and narrower bars by todays standards. I also tend to ride a bit back on tge bike and steer w/ my hips (as oppsed to moto style agressively on the front)

if i was more of a shoulder steerer (amaury) id go shorter stem wider bar (I'm more like loic style, from hips).

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona
Looking to upgrade my handle bars from stock on my 2021 for a better fit in the cockpit. Understand this is obviously unique to every rider for fit/feel, Im just looking for what everyone else has done and if your happy with it.
I’m 6’1 ~180ish lbs (81kg) riding a large turbo levo comp. I currently have four 5mm spacers under the stem with stock bars. I think I’m interested in the vibrocore bars or renthral carbon bars with 35mm-40mm rise. Anyone riding this particular set up and is happy with it?

I have a Renthal Fatbar with a 40 mm rise on my trek. I have a Vibrocore 50mm rise on my specialized. I prefer the fatbar. Feels better on my hands. I don’t think the vibrocore technology delivers on their claim.

NoPro

Aug 2, 2019
Austria
I have a Renthal Fatbar with a 40 mm rise on my trek. I have a Vibrocore 50mm rise on my specialized. I prefer the fatbar. Feels better on my hands. I don’t think the vibrocore technology delivers on their claim.

I actually replaced my bar with a vibrocore because I got numb hands on longer decents and had a noticeable difference right away I then changed my grips to ergon GA2 Fats a bit later and low and behold the numbeness is gone.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles