AllMtn7 battery release

Muttley

Sep 4, 2020
Sussex
I'm trying to remove battery but when I turn the key 180degrees it's not dropping out the first stage. Not sure if it's the key / release or just needs a budge, are there any pry slots etc. to try and ease it out? I usually keep / charge with battery on the bike so wondered if there's the possibility of it having seized.

Thread closed, sorted with a gentle tap of rubber mallet! ?

Last edited:

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
I found the technique was to push the battery as hard as you can into the frame, it seems to let you turn the key easier. I also wiped the battery and the housing inside with some silcone spray to help smooth it. I used to just charge battery on the bike as it was easier, but now i carry on the THULE i have to take it out for evey ride. A Pain i know and a bad design.

JC1982

Feb 6, 2021
South Wales
Don't think they are the best mechanism. Mine has also gone a bit stiff in two months of having the bike and takes a bit of fiddling with the key removing the battery or locking it in place.

BadgerHun7er

Jan 1, 2021
Northamptonshire, UK
I had a nightmare with my Allmtn7 and couldn’t get the battery to release for the first 6 months. When I was in the bike shop I asked them for help and they tried and failed too. Someone asked if I had mixed my keys up (no way that’s possible) but they plugged the computer in to see if the key code was in the software but it wasn’t. Then just by chance, they were looking for a special tool for the bike and found a spare key in the technicians draw. We have it a go and my battery dropped out!!!! The shop, 6 months earlier had given me some else’s key. Nothing wrong with my bike at all.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles