Advice for my first ebike

Miguel.975

May 14, 2020
ES
Hi everyone. First of all, excuse my poor english because I'm from Spain.
I'm 52, good fitness condition for my age. I ride both mtb and road bikes but I'm very tempted to buy mu first ebike. The intention is to use it myself and my wife or sons when they come with me
I have never done enduro and I have no intention to do it now, so my expectations are doing long routes in mountains, mainly in forest roads and single tracks, but with very little technical difficulty. XC, as they call it.

I expect the bike to have a geometry and suspension that helps pedalling, rather than penalise it.

I would appreciate a lot if anyone can give me some advice on the bike I should buy. The bike I am more tempeted by is the Mondraker Chaser 29"

Thanks a lot

Miguel.975

May 14, 2020
ES
Another thing is that I prefer the motor Bosch Gen4, to any older one, such as Shimano 8000. But any observation on this, will be also appreciated

DynamicObserver

May 4, 2020
South Wales
I bought my bike (haibike) and didn't really know a lot about them in general.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and so is advice from others. The only advice I can offer is try some if possible in a local shop.

I wish I had a full suspension and a larger battery, mine is 400w yamaha. Engine is great, drive is great, but being the entry level I have the smallest battery, and no option for an extender (unless I carry a larger battery)

Initially I didn't think I would go far and need the range, but I think full days out/ weekends I may struggle.

You'll go further, harder and longer on an ebike, and you'll feel the aches less and less and want to explore more.

Miguel.975

May 14, 2020
ES
You could take a look at my review on this very affordable full suss EMTB with a Bosch Gen 4 motor as one potential option to consider...

2020 Decathalon Stilus - EMTB Forums
I didn't know about that bike, PhilBaker. I'm not sure if this is really such a bargain. 3319€ in Spain (2 items only in all the Country!!) I dont like the suspensions and also the battery is only 500 w/h. I'd consider it if the price difference was bigger. Thanks a lot!!!

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
Hola paisano

You need the follow

29er
Long chainstays for good climbing
Relaxed position, reach short, high stack
Brose motor, very natural and silent, if you plan to use the trail and boost often
Yamaha if you want pedal at low cadences

Check Haibike, Specialized, Bulls, BH

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles