Absolute scum

SleepyWill

Jun 19, 2019
Chichester
I would really hope that the first time a bike shop gets a hold of them, that there is some sort of digital registration that can flag them as stolen, and the bike shop can contact the police.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Transition Smuggler was stolen from a tourists (locked) car roof carrier yesterday too.
Edinburgh/Tweed V is brutal for bike theft.

Edinburgh bike theives won't take them to a bike shop at all Will.

SleepyWill

Jun 19, 2019
Chichester
Yeah, I suppose not, wishful thinking! The kiddies around here who steal bikes do it to have them and mostly if you see one of them riding yours, you just ask for it back and they give it up looking slightly embarrassed. Comes with living in a village I suppose, you'll know someone who knows their names!

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
I invest in gold-rated d-locks and chains, but there's not a lot you can do if someone pulls a knife on you.

I really hope that more ebikes, and maybe electronic shifting like SRAM AXS, can be keyed to be useless if stolen. That would make a huge difference, much more so than trying to track stolen bikes with GPS. We need to be able to brick the bike and the major components, so there's no value in the parts.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Transition Smuggler was stolen from a tourists (locked) car roof carrier yesterday too.
Edinburgh/Tweed V is brutal for bike theft.

Edinburgh bike theives won't take them to a bike shop at all Will.
6x bikes were taken one night at the traildays event

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles