A newbiE from Western Australia

• Thread starter Deleted member 1478
  • Start date

Injidup

Oct 2, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
Welcome!
I got my Focus Bold2 about 3 weeks ago and am loving it. Still getting used to a hardtail (finances wouldn’t stretch to FS) but really enjoying the increased ability to climb and go further. I even went out on the Munda Biddi on Sunday afternoon in the rain. I must be mad!
Enjoy your Merida!

D

Deleted member 1478

Welcome!
I got my Focus Bold2 about 3 weeks ago and am loving it. Still getting used to a hardtail (finances wouldn’t stretch to FS) but really enjoying the increased ability to climb and go further. I even went out on the Munda Biddi on Sunday afternoon in the rain. I must be mad!
Enjoy your Merida!

Great bikes - I liked the look of the Sam2 but the reach was too short for me. :(

I enjoyed riding the Munda Biddi/rail trail from Walpole to Albany a few weekends back as part of the four day LifeCycle WA mtb ride. In that time I saw 5 snakes, including one that leapt 3 feet in the air - sideways into the bushes, right in front of me - when I surprised it coming around a corner on single track near the Torbay Hall. I kid you not - an amazing sight!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1026

How far was the lifecycle wa ride ?

Injidup

Oct 2, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
Flying snakes! Maybe we should warn visitors about them just as we do with drop bears? I hope you didn’t see any drop bears???

I took my Bold back to the shop for some adjustments and they were very keen to show me the new Jam2. Looks nice but out of my price range ☹️

Maximage

Oct 19, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
OK, so a Merida dealer thats also selling Focus, Carine maybe?

How tall are you? I've been tossing up between a Large and XL,main problem was I was unable to test both back to back. I am in Melbourne on holidays at the moment and tested a Large back home at Carine which seemed OK, then tracked down an XL over here in Melb to try. Extra reach was nice but it was also a much taller. I'm 6'3" BTW.

D

Deleted member 1478

6'4".

Having just taken delivery from Carine, I can agree the bike is tall in the stack. I am not averse to that though - comfy on the flats and more secure on the steeps.

The reach at 480 is only just adequate at my size. I will be swapping out the 25mm stem for a 40mm so as to get a little bit more.

Maximage

Oct 19, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
6'4".

Having just taken delivery from Carine, I can agree the bike is tall in the stack. I am not averse to that though - comfy on the flats and more secure on the steeps.

The reach at 480 is only just adequate at my size. I will be swapping out the 25mm stem for a 40mm so as to get a little bit more.

Joe is good there isn't he? Yeah, so a smidge taller than me, it was borderline for me which way to go.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles