A big hello from small-town Belgium

MaXX99

Mar 18, 2021
Belgium
Hi Everyone !

I just joined the forum today looking for an active community of fellow (e)MTB riders. Notice the "e" between brackets as I'm not a convert yet. Still riding my old faithful analog MTB (Radon Slide 130 9.0).
I almost took the plunge a few months ago for a Trek Rail 9.8XT, but changed my mind temporarily.
Since I was going to use the bike for commuting during the week also, the chain, sprockets and suspension would wear out sooner and add up to the maintenance costs. Furthermore, with a max speed of 25 km/h it would have been quite a long journey. Besides I would have been the only one with an eMTB in our weekend mud-warriors group leaving my mates in the dust, which would not have been fun for any of us ...
But ... my bones are aging slowly (I'm 46), so I'm guessing by the time I have reached 50 I would swap to a nice eMTB and put my Radon to rest :)
For the time being I went for an Ellio Elite for commuting (a dual motor speed pedelec with a 1150Wh battery - De meest geavanceerde speed pedelec – Made in Belgium). An entirely different beast solely for commuting instead of blasting through the mud -that's what the Radon is for during the weekend.

Read you all soon on the other topics in the forum :)

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Besides I would have been the only one with an eMTB in our weekend mud-warriors group leaving my mates in the dust, which would not have been fun for any of us ...

Don't forget, you can select the assist level, and with many brands you can use an app to adjust the assistence % within each level. You can also turn off the assistance completely.

It's entirely up to you how hard you make it for yourself. Select the assistance level that helps you to ride at the same speed as your friends.

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
I live in belgium to! I have hardtail haibike with 1000wh. I use it for trails and commuting, or ride with my buddie who ride a road bike , thats why i deristrict it cuz i hated the limit. Have best of both ;)
20210327_101444.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles