$999 EMTB: Ecotric Tornado, Cheapest Full Suspension Review

ADDvanced

Aug 3, 2023
WI
Hey boys, I just wanted to share this bike with you, because I feel like it offers a lot, especially for beginners looking to get into biking. Far too often, I see large people, or beginner mountain bikers, spending 4, 5, or 6 thousand dollars on an emtb, which... is fine, but given their skill level and the trails they are tackling, it's really overkill.
This thing is $999. It is not as nice as premium emtbs, but it makes up for it by costing 1/5th as much and being faster than almost all of them, with a 750watt rear hub motor, and samsung lithium ion battery. A few button presses in program mode, and it ups the top speed from 20mph to 26mph, and drops the 0-20mph times by over a second. The thing just RIPS. So powertrain wise, it's a beast!
Where it lacks is refinement; the pedal assist is a hall effect sensor or something that just isnt' very responsive, you often need to get a pedal stroke in before the assist kicks on, and it continues to provide assist for half a second after you stop pedaling, so that's something you need to learn to anticipate. The frame is well made, but again, this is a $999 bike with full suspension, so the fork and rear shock are a bit sloppy, and don't have huge amounts of travel.
That said, the frame offers a low stepover height perfect for smaller riders. Overall, I feel like a lot of riders are overspending and getting something far nicer than they need, so if you're on a tighter budget, I am really blown away by how much bike you get for what you spend here.
Here's a video review:

Ask me any questions, I have about 60 miles on mine so far, and I've taken it on about 15 miles of single track with smaller jumps, it's been able to do everything I've thrown at it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles