700wh battery can't post it ?

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
Phone berkshire cycles this morning for a price on a battery cracking price but wont post ? very dissapointing as its a fair old way away carnt see why they carnt post it i can get one else were posted dosnt make sence ?

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I went into the post office this morning and the girl in there asked if the package I was sending had a battery in it as shipping of batteries is now prohibited by Royal Mail.. first time ive heard about this, maybe batteries all contain Coronavirus now ?‍♂️

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
Try someone else , what is it your after ? i don't see bats on there site...
I have
I went into the post office this morning and the girl in there asked if the package I was sending had a battery in it as shipping of batteries is now prohibited by Royal Mail.. first time ive heard about this, maybe batteries all contain Coronavirus now ?‍♂️
?? worlds gone mad

KeithR

Jul 1, 2020
Blyth, Northumberland
Phone berkshire cycles this morning for a price on a battery cracking price but wont post ? very dissapointing as its a fair old way away carnt see why they carnt post it i can get one else were posted dosnt make sence ?
Been like this for a long time, world-wide. Li-Ion batteries outside of the thing they're supposed to power are considered dangerous (they're seen as being extremely flammable), and only some couriers will carry them - they need "special arrangements".

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
Royal Mail don’t carry lithium batteries on there own, but there are many U.K. carriers who do.

They insist on careful packaging, and labelling, but at the end of the day a bike battery is just a power bank.

It might be possible to arrange a collection yourself from the shop, but it sounds like they just can’t be bothered with the hassle of packing them. Which is odd, as they would have arrived in their shop in some kind of suitable packaging.

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
Lowest i see 1099

and here

OOPS in Italy ^^^^
Royal Mail don’t carry lithium batteries on there own, but there are many U.K. carriers who do.

They insist on careful packaging, and labelling, but at the end of the day a bike battery is just a power bank.

It might be possible to arrange a collection yourself from the shop, but it sounds like they just can’t be bothered with the hassle of packing them. Which is odd, as they would have arrived in their shop in some kind of suitable packaging.
yes your right rob hensal is always banging on how good and helpful they are wernt my experiance at all ?

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Thought Speacialized gave you a deal buying a battery if it was out of warranty or is it spare ones you people are buying . Recovered a beacon with a battery from seabed last year you would not believe the palavar before we could do it 3 days of meetings built a metal container for it doused in water till offloaded 20 hours later . Battery transportation classed as dangerous goods hence can't fly ebikes as far as I know.

Webby1805

Feb 9, 2019
Stonehaven
Thought Speacialized gave you a deal buying a battery if it was out of warranty or is it spare ones you people are buying . Recovered a beacon with a battery from seabed last year you would not believe the palavar before we could do it 3 days of meetings built a metal container for it doused in water till offloaded 20 hours later . Battery transportation classed as dangerous goods hence can't fly ebikes as far as I know.
Really? I have a 2019 500 watt battery that I would like to upgrade to 700 watt. Do you have to contact them for the deal?

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Really? I have a 2019 500 watt battery that I would like to upgrade to 700 watt. Do you have to contact them for the deal?
Just on this forum somewhere it mentioned cut price motors and battery for out of the warranty replacement. Didn't give you a price though. Have a search.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles