700 Wh Battery

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Picked one up and have it on the charger now. Hopefully I can get a decent ride this weekend and test distance achievable.
Old 500Wh - 3155g
New 700Wh - 3835g

Extra 680g for the 200Wh.

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
EXCEPT for how it makes the bike handle due to weight bias.

FACT!!! It´s VERY important for the handling. I will get my fifth LEVO in two weeks ( the first one with the superheavy 700Wh battery) and i´m always optimizing the weight because of manouvering. The "old" Levo had a shorter battery, so the 2019 model is quite heavy in the front region (which has a huge effect for jumps and fast turns) and that will increase more with the heavier accu. So i´m always thinking about weight reduction, even at myself ;-). (75kg)

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Saying that, I popped out and had a short play on the local training/race track that has a big tabletop and a bunch of little ones. Was slightly noticeable but would have to go back to back with the other battery in to really see. Compared to my Scott Genius eRide it is still way more managable and less front weight biased.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
$1500 NZD
= 891.58 Euro
= 812.49 Pound Sterling
= 984.60 USD

So was expensive, but a pretty good deal considering the prices I found while looking offshore.

FYI - the 500Wh battery is $1250 NZD

Bargain, and a no brainer - they're (headline price) £1100 here in UK.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Couple visits to the loo in the morning.

Seriously, I am a big unit and can be anywhere between 109 & 113 on any given day so 680g is nowt to worry about.

yowser, for perspective I'm 80kg. I'm more than the whole bike's weight lighter.

so yeah, nowt to worry about!

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
This article sums up my view on weight. Basically normal MTB have become more heavy but climb better and are more fun. No way does less weight equal a better bike.

Does the weight of your MTB really matter? | ENDURO Mountainbike Magazine

Now I’m not saying we’re all fine with 30kg eBikes, personally speaking I’m very happy with 22kg, but shaving off a few grams here and there is a fairly pointless task in my opinion.

Sure if you’re a slopestyle/jumping wiz looking to get maximum whip you will want a lighter bike, but when I take my eBike and trail bike and try 20-30ft tables, the difference is negligible - I actually prefer my eBike as it’s a more stable platform and provides more confidence. I actually see the weight as an advantage to some extent.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
I once had a super light bike a Salsa Selma - scandium HT, singlespeed, rigid carbon fork.

It was like riding a cloud.

But that's part of how it was, other heavier bikes meet their purpose very well. I suspect optimal weight of an emtb is a couple of kg down from where they are, that's enough. In the meantime I'll address the extra weight above my belt.

Hoppy

Nov 1, 2018
Washington
FACT!!! It´s VERY important for the handling. I will get my fifth LEVO in two weeks ( the first one with the superheavy 700Wh battery) and i´m always optimizing the weight because of manouvering. The "old" Levo had a shorter battery, so the 2019 model is quite heavy in the front region (which has a huge effect for jumps and fast turns) and that will increase more with the heavier accu. So i´m always thinking about weight reduction, even at myself ;-). (75kg)
Are you running 27.5 wheels on your levo

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Eating some decent steaks @Rusty ?!
LMAO - trying not to. Too much time at work in front of screens instead of being out and about visiting clients. At least then I can sneak a long lunch ride - heck, last client visit cycle I managed 8 x 1 1/2 - 2hr rides, but a lot of that was slip-sliding around. Waiting for some dry weather and planning to destroy myself for a month or so and go where I have not been since my early 20's - sub 100 kegs

dogzilla

Aug 1, 2019
London
Anyone have a UK supplier? V. interested in the bigger battery.
BTW can you swap these out easily enough on the trail?

lamerecycles

Apr 10, 2019
Minneapolis
Couple visits to the loo in the morning.

Seriously, I am a big unit and can be anywhere between 109 & 113 on any given day so 680g is nowt to worry about.

Could not agree more, weight does make a difference on the eBike for handling and catching air..... once you get a bike down to 42lbs or so like our 150mm travel carbon LaMere Diode you really don't need more than a 500wh battery.

IMG_1378.JPG

dogzilla

Aug 1, 2019
London
Depends really on the riding you are doing. I'm a big lad but have no worries getting out and doing 4-6hr rides on a weekend. I've destroyed 500wh batteries in under 40km in challenging terrain in under that time.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
40KM? Pah, amateur! ;) I've done a battery in 9.9 miles!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Also, why do people insist on answering range questions in hours? It's totally meaningless. Range is measured as a distance, not a time. I've been out all day and done less miles than on days where I'm out for 2 hours.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
£1100 is extreme for 200wh.
£500 for 252 extra wh and removable for shorter rides.
Check out trailwatts booster systems.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
I find you get about 4-5000ft and 35miles out of the 700wh battery rather than the actual range. It’s a product of the two things. I’m 100kg all up weight.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles