540 mm Shimano steps speed sensor can't locate one

Cyclopath1000

Apr 26, 2019
Davis Ca
I like having spares of essential equipment so if something happens to my step system out on the trail and I can limp back home or to my campsite I have critical spares to make a replacement. I did that recently with my left handed speed control selector on several occasions when the bike falls on the e8000 version and cracks it and I have now ordered an e7000 version In addition I'm carrying extra Shimano connectivity wires and wanted a new spare 540 mm speed sensor which is what commencal specifies as the proper length there are shorter ones and longer ones easily available but the 540 I can't find I have now had two orders for this product that I thought I had located on e-commerce canceled because when they went to actually ship the item they realized they had no option to procure it I'm actually thinking about getting a longer one or a shorter one and can you replace just the wire does it come apart can you find a way around this the sensor itself is available but the right length wire that seems to be you know hard wire to it is unavailable does anyone have any thoughts on buying the longer the shorter one and doing some sort of MacGyver. The longer and shorter ones only cost about 30 bucks so I'm tempted just to order one or both just to see what could happen because I'm getting this bad feeling I'm never going to see the 540 mm one

Cyclopath1000

Apr 26, 2019
Davis Ca
Somehow I managed to order two 1400 mm am due 10s. Now I'm wondering has anyone ever successfully shortened one of these I have a feeling that it's some sort of cable that if you get into it it's going to be a million tiny little strands. Just wondering I'm not going to go butchering into it to discover how it's constructed That's for sure but I'm wondering if more electronically gifted people here who recognize this cable from some other application would know how to shorten it and re-establish the plug I mean the deal would be this is the plug-in was available separately then you could shorten it and somehow mate the cable to the plug but I have a feeling even that's impossible But sure it makes sense to have something that you could adjust the cable length but still be watertight seal and have amazing strength It sounds like a bit of a stretch though

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles