5-10 trailcross gortex gtx available for £105 from Adidas

penguinni

E*POWAH Snack Master
Subscriber
Jun 22, 2020
Bangor, N Ireland
The sizing seems to be a bit different fron the standard Trailcross.

I had to go up a half size to a UK 10 standard Trailcross as my usual 9.5 was a tad tight. The 10 fits perfectly.

However, I bought a GoreTex pair size 10 and they were very tight fitting and uncomfortable. Ive sent them back and ordered a 10.5 so hopefully they will fit.

Other posters on STW have the same issue with many ordering a full size larger than normal.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I'm normally an 11 and I had to order size 12 Freerider EPS and they're still borderline too small so I haven't bothered ordering any of these which is a shame because I've been waiting for their release for 2 years!

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Mine just arrived, good excuse to spend the afternoon testing them out
First impressions ?
I like them ?
Look like good quality but time will tell
Sizing - I went up half a size and put some thick socks on
Wouldn't want to go any smaller, they are fine
Recommend half to full size up with winter socks

I'm off out to give them a beasting
I'll report back

20210814_120756.jpg

20210814_120634.jpg

20210814_120609.jpg

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Nice one - thanks for sharing.
I’ve ordered 2 sizes, and will return the ones that don’t fit (free returns). I bought through Quidco for an extra 4.8% cash back (although it may not work since I’ve used a code).

Not the best looking shoe… but will serve a purpose on wet days!

penguinni

E*POWAH Snack Master
Subscriber
Jun 22, 2020
Bangor, N Ireland
My replacement size 10.5 arrived this morning and fit perfectly.

Thats a full size up from my normal shoe size and a half size up from the standard Trailfox.

Trailfox are an excellent shoe.

davidjmilli

Nov 20, 2020
Dudley
Appreciate the share of the code. Just ordered ? Think I’ve gone against the grain though. I’ve gone down a half size based on my experience with my trailcross mids. Since adidas took over I’ve been totally confused by the sizing. Never two pairs feel the same, I was always a 10.5 in FiveTens but now I just don’t know, I only wear thin socks so perhaps could be a factor . Luckily Free returns though. ?

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
Great find, thanks for sharing :)

I've ordered a pair for ready for the winter, my Bontragers are like a sieve in wet weather.

Not had a pair of 5.10's before so used their sizing guide, thankfully a free change if they don't fit.

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
I’ve been refraining from saying anything as don’t like to pour water on people’s new purchases but damn these must be the most ugly boots I’ve ever seen ? What were Adidas / Five Ten thinking ?

Ooh, a bit harsh, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

Oh, and you don't see them when riding - unless your flying OTB of course!

StuR

Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
I’ve been refraining from saying anything as don’t like to pour water on people’s new purchases but damn these must be the most ugly boots I’ve ever seen ? What were Adidas / Five Ten thinking ?

? Gotta admit, they are a bit Fugly
They do redeem themselves in the field though
Just done 2hr ride on them
Very comfortable and light weight
Was pretty dry on the trails so couldn't wet test them so I got the hosepipe on them when I got home , feet stayed dry
Definitely waterproof

They won't be my evey ride footwear but will definitely see some use and take their place in my collection
I appear to have an MTB footwear fetish.
I've got nearly as many MTB shoes as my wife has high heels
It's a good job 5 10 don't do matching Man
Bags

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
Ordered Saturday, arrived today, great service from Adidas and a great price .. well spotted and thank you Matt b.

Normally a size 9, got a size 10 and they fit fine with enough room for Sealskinz socks

Certainly not a stunner in the looks department, hopefully function over form will prevail .

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Can’t say that any pair of five tens is something worthy of the catwalk! But who cares if they do the job.

Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
I've just ordered a pair after thinking I'd missed the offer
The link says that the offer has expired but I applied the code and it still works so only paid £105

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading
Ace. Was looking at a pair earlier tonight and had a pair in the basket.

Thanks for the £45 off.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles