IMG_7532.JPG

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Terrifying....meanwhile in Australia it's almost time for this
View attachment 33126
Touché!
Haven’t had the pleasure to meet, but those things are terrifying when they dive bomb (I’ve seen videos on the internet attacking cyclists). ?

So what gives with those birds? Are they just protecting their young... territory? Or do they just enjoy the feeling of their beaks sinking into human flesh! ?

Levo-Lon

Jan 21, 2020
Uk
Ban Nettles ,Protect the NHS !!

Or just mtfu..it's a nettle sting , I find them a little stimulating when all down your shins.?
Now pyracantha ,dog roses and thistles now there real man stuff ?

TheRealPoMo

Apr 18, 2020
Queensland
Touché!
Haven’t had the pleasure to meet, but those things are terrifying when they dive bomb (I’ve seen videos on the internet attacking cyclists).

So what gives with those birds? Are they just protecting their young... territory? Or do they just enjoy the feeling of their beaks sinking into human flesh!
Depends who you talk to. Bottom line is they are defending their nest from predators in breeding season.
Some limit their attacks to actual threats like goannas and such while others decide anything that moves is fair game. My view is that like people some are more aggressive. Years ago, these aggressive ones were "dealt with" so their aggressive genes were dwindled from the pool. Now with all the bleeding heart amateur greenies, the aggressive ones dominate the more docile ones, resulting in an ever increasing attack rate and severity. It's natural selection.
When I was a kid, attacks were rare. Now there's a bully Magpie in every other park.
People have been severely injured, lost eyes....nothing is done. If my dog attacked someone for protecting it's home in the same way it would be destroyed.
You may have guessed that I hate them and would happily cull the nasty ones if it didn't mean I'd get arrested.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
I was terrorised in my youth by them fuckers
Try fricking Cactus. Was out play riding on our MX bikes and seen dad have a bit of a crash - raced over to see why he was not stading up and crashed into a cactus patch. Those fockers seem to sense when you move and fire out more barbs that seem to find the unprotected or not previous hit areas.

maynard

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Magpies are crazy . Usually the craziest ones are the ones that don't have girlfriends . There just being dicks to show the female magpies how tough they are . They won't attack if you look at them . There is one particular prick that attacks me when I'm fly fishing a particular part of a river I like . He takes me by surprise every year . Its a great spot to stop to for lunch and is the only shaded spot of that stretch of the river .

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I was out on Sunday, had finished the ride and was pedalling down a gravel track towards the car park. I leaned down to pull up my right knee guard. Suddenly it all went wrong! Somehow, I simultaneously turned the bar to the left and pressed down on the pedal. The bike shot off to the left with only one hand on the bar. I plunged over the bars into a big nettle bank, but with my left foot trapped between the crank and the frame. Everything I tried to do just got me stung by more nettles. Then an old lady walker, who I had just missed, pulled the bike off me and I was able to press up and out of the nettles. I thanked my rescuer and counted the cost. Extensive nettle stings to the inside of both wrists between glove and elbow guard, all down the left side of my face, my left ear, and both legs between sock and shin guard. It could have been worse, I could have hit the old dear, or that tree! :eek:
The fire did not go out on the stings for about 10 hours. And that was despite ant-histamine tablets, anti-histamine cream, and 400mg Ibuprofen!
My riding buddy laughed himself hoarse throughout. The old lady must have said something to him because he pointed to his face and said "this is what sympathy looks like!" Bastard!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles