22 Gen 3 Levo - The cleaned posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truckeemtb

Jun 16, 2019
Tahoe California
Just switched my Santa Cruz Bullit order for a Gen3 S-Works Turbo Levo. Bullit was supposed to arrive in July, but Levo not until late fall/early winter. Huge bummer in that respect. All my friends are on Gen2 Levos and I am riding a mulleted Heckler. Last weekend was kind of the last straw as I was once again chasing them up technical climbs and carrying an extra battery. Seems like the Brose is still one of the best for power and range with the 700wh battery. What I have read about the Shimano EP8 did not make me super happy in terms of it's power and range with the 630wh battery. I will probably slack out the geometry on the new Levo. Guess it will be the Heckler for this summer but I think the Levo will be worth the wait. Also the longer wait will give me time to save more money and think about selling a kidney:)

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
EB06218D-B36F-4189-98BF-D586C2E8E20F.png

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
Hello @Specialized Rider Care i got a call from you last Thursday confirming my order of 2 Sworks levos. I was told by you everything is confirmed and will ship that afternoon. All my payments went through so now i want to know why was one of my orders
canceled???

601F1CD0-ED1F-49FF-90E9-5AE7B0271F22.png

@Specialized Rider Care your site still had 6 white s4’s available Friday morning.

I already planned a trip to pick up my bikes and ride that weekend across the state. I confirmed with my shop to have both bikes built by May 22nd.

I’ve owned or still own a Levo, Levo SL, 2 Kenevos and an Sworks Enduro. I went through 8 brose motors and despite that managed to spend another $30k on 2 new Levos, but it seems I will only be getting 1. I think I’ve been loyal enough to at least get a call if there was something wrong with my order. I mean i did get a call when you were taking my money

@Specialized Rider Care i need an explanation. More importantly I need the white S4 that I ordered. I spent way too much time and effort to aquire them. What’s up?

Last edited:

Velociraptor

Oct 10, 2020
Pacific Northwest
Hello @Specialized Rider Care i got a call from you last Thursday confirming my order of 2 Sworks levos. I was told by you everything is confirmed and will ship that afternoon. All my payments went through so now i want to know why was one of my orders
canceled???

View attachment 61164
@Specialized Rider Care your site still had 6 white s4’s available Friday morning.

I already planned a trip to pick up my bikes and ride that weekend across the state. I confirmed with my shop to have both bikes built by May 22nd.

I’ve owned or still own a Levo, Levo SL, 2 Kenevos and an Sworks Enduro. I went through 6 brose motors and despite that managed to spend another $30k on 2 new Levos, but it seems I will only be getting 1. I think I’ve been loyal enough to at least get a call if there was something wrong with my order. I mean i did get a call when you were taking my money

@Specialized Rider Care i need an explanation. More importantly I need the white S4 that I ordered. I spent way too much time and effort to aquire them. What’s up?
The same thing just happened to me and I am extremely upset! Waiting for some sort of reply from them to make things right-that means automatically sending us a bike next time they drop on the website. Barring that I am so pissed I am back looking at the Santa Cruz Bullit.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
The same thing just happened to me and I am extremely upset! Waiting for some sort of reply from them to make things right-that means automatically sending us a bike next time they drop on the website. Barring that I am so pissed I am back looking at the Santa Cruz Bullit.
Damn I’m sorry it happened to you too. When @Specialized Rider Care called me they assured everything was all good and I would be able to get my bikes. Even said they have it and ready to ship.

i was still getting emails and texts the next couple days about the bikes are back in stock

Velociraptor

Oct 10, 2020
Pacific Northwest
Damn I’m sorry it happened to you too. When @Specialized Rider Care called me they assured everything was all good and I would be able to get my bikes. Even said they have it and ready to ship.

i was still getting emails and texts the next couple days about the bikes are back in stock
They already refunded my money. Thought better about the Bullit and now have bought a Pro model through Mike's Bikes in California. Will be driving to Folsom at the end of the month and will pick it up there. Have family that lives close by. Hope it works out!

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
They already refunded my money. Thought better about the Bullit and now have bought a Pro model through Mike's Bikes in California. Will be driving to Folsom at the end of the month and will pick it up there. Have family that lives close by. Hope it works out!
Glad it worked out for you. I saw an S3 Pro today at a shop. Not my size tho

i was expecting a white s4 Sworks but does @Specialized Rider Care care?

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
From my recent experience they do not care at all. Also they do not seem to know what is going on with their own company!
Someone told me the exact same thing at the Dirt Daze Mtb event over the weekend. I probably jinxed myself by telling them I haven’t had a problem

it definitely ruined my day and probably every day until i get the exact bike that I ordered. Let’s see if @Specialized Rider Care has a solution or just say sorry, tough luck

Last edited:

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
canceled???

View attachment 61164

I’ve owned or still own a Levo, Levo SL, 2 Kenevos and an Sworks Enduro. I went through 8 brose motors and despite that managed to spend another $30k on 2 new Levos, but it seems I will only be getting 1. I think I’ve been loyal enough to at least get a call if there was something wrong with my order. I mean i did get a call when you were taking my money

It’s a sign saying you should buy the Kenevo SL

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
@rydeezie sincere apologies that our US team had to cancel your order due to lack of stock. Totally understand you feeling ? after having your order confirmed by phone, I've reached out to our order management team for more insight here but am aware that you just want the bike....
so i called this morning and was told the bike i ordered could of been sold to a dealer to fulfill a customers back order??? what the???

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
The sense of entitlement and self-importance displayed in this thread and the other tread is nauseating. Mistakes do happen!
sure and it was their mistake. i went through some trouble. even took time off work. paid the bike in full.

will they be able to help me or not? or will i continue to be given the run around?

let's see

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
sure and it was their mistake. i went through some trouble. even took time off work. paid the bike in full.

will they be able to help me or not? or will i continue to be given the run around?

let's see
Nobody here gives a F. Deal with them, or sue them for millions of $$$$ for all of the effort, pain and suffering, racism, lost income, mental anguish, etc.

EME

MUPPET
Subscriber
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
let's see
Which bits of "Sorry" and "No" are you struggling with? SRC has publicly apologised, and you don't 'need' any further explanation or apologies. Frankly with the unnecessary public ridiculing Id be tempted to advise you to buy a Trek or ... anything else if I were Spesh but I suspect they are too polite for that.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
Which bits of "Sorry" and "No" are you struggling with? SRC has publicly apologised, and you don't 'need' any further explanation or apologies. Frankly with the unnecessary public ridiculing Id be tempted to advise you to buy a Trek or ... anything else if I were Spesh but I suspect they are too polite for that.
i understand the explanation and the apologies. Is there a solution?
Can they help me or not? Maybe even suggest which dealer will have it so i can buy one

What level of customer service will they provide? If it's "better luck next time" so be it

Velociraptor

Oct 10, 2020
Pacific Northwest
The sense of entitlement and self-importance displayed in this thread and the other tread is nauseating. Mistakes do happen!
I don't think any of us feel entitled, just frustrated. I get that there is a big shortage of bikes. I had a deposit down with my local dealer to get a Levo in late fall/early winter of this year. Suddenly bikes are available online. Great! I buy one. Get a confirmation. All good. Tell my local dealer what's going on and cancel my order with them and get my deposit back since I paid full price upfront for the bike I ordered online. Made sure the bike I ordered went to my local dealer to still give them some business. Also because I expect to get my Levo soon, I send my SC Heckler down to California. What Specialized should have done is told us they made a mistake and ran out of stock so there will be a delay but they will ship our bikes out as soon as they arrive. Instead they just refund our money and kick us out of the system so we have to start over again. Like many here I have checked the Specialized website hundreds of times to see if bikes are available. Finally they are, but turns out not really. I would have been totally fine with them had they just told us there was a delay, because yeah people and companies make mistakes. The way they handled their mistake was not the best. Maybe if I felt entitled I would never buy a Specialized bike again and trash them every chance I got, but instead I (hopefully) found a Levo through Mike's Bikes, because in the end the new gen3 Levo seems like a really great bike so I still want one despite the frustration. Also some months ago I bought a Diverge gravel bike and really love that bike. BTW I am 64 years old and have bought so many bicycles, motorcycles, and cars, and this glitch with Specialized is a first for me. Maybe somebody at Specialized typed in a "100" instead of a "10" or something for inventory. Could also be that Specialized has never made a mistake like this before so is scrambling to deal with it. I am sure all the bike company workers are fairly fried due to the chronic shortages. As for me I don't feel entitled to anything or self-important, but I do feel like anyone in my position would be pretty frustrated:)

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
I don't think any of us feel entitled, just frustrated. I get that there is a big shortage of bikes. I had a deposit down with my local dealer to get a Levo in late fall/early winter of this year. Suddenly bikes are available online. Great! I buy one. Get a confirmation. All good. Tell my local dealer what's going on and cancel my order with them and get my deposit back since I paid full price upfront for the bike I ordered online. Made sure the bike I ordered went to my local dealer to still give them some business. Also because I expect to get my Levo soon, I send my SC Heckler down to California. What Specialized should have done is told us they made a mistake and ran out of stock so there will be a delay but they will ship our bikes out as soon as they arrive. Instead they just refund our money and kick us out of the system so we have to start over again. Like many here I have checked the Specialized website hundreds of times to see if bikes are available. Finally they are, but turns out not really. I would have been totally fine with them had they just told us there was a delay, because yeah people and companies make mistakes. The way they handled their mistake was not the best. Maybe if I felt entitled I would never buy a Specialized bike again and trash them every chance I got, but instead I (hopefully) found a Levo through Mike's Bikes, because in the end the new gen3 Levo seems like a really great bike so I still want one despite the frustration. Also some months ago I bought a Diverge gravel bike and really love that bike. BTW I am 64 years old and have bought so many bicycles, motorcycles, and cars, and this glitch with Specialized is a first for me. Maybe somebody at Specialized typed in a "100" instead of a "10" or something for inventory. Could also be that Specialized has never made a mistake like this before so is scrambling to deal with it. I am sure all the bike company workers are fairly fried due to the chronic shortages. As for me I don't feel entitled to anything or self-important, but I do feel like anyone in my position would be pretty frustrated:)
Well said, thank you. i totally agree

i would like to see if there is some support for spending that much money and time. if not, i'll know which direction to go.

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
so i called this morning and was told the bike i ordered could of been sold to a dealer to fulfill a customers back order??? what the???

If this is true it would be the first time they tried to help their dealer before their pockets. With the lack of supply these days Specialized should ship all bikes to dealers first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles