2022 Turbo Kenevo Expert

Trout74

Jul 25, 2019
Iowa
i just picked up a new 22 kenevo expert. The price was $5799. from a MSRP of $9000. I realize the MSRP is inflated and nobody actually pays that much, but $3200 off is a lot. ANy reason ? the performance seems to be good, and if I add up the components, I feel like the price is very reasonable. Anyone else buy this bike or have it? thoughts?

guile80386

Jan 23, 2022
PT
I got mine for €6600 out of €9400 and I love how it can be incredibly plush and precise at the same time - must be due to the dual crown fork and the 27,5" wheels. This bike just gets so many things right for me that I sold my other bikes (including a Reign E+1 2022) and I don't think I'll go back to a single crown fork anytime soon. Plenty of motor power and battery (~1750m vertical on Trail and Turbo for a 97kg rider with an average climb cadence of 85 to 95 rpm) and it just looks better than most other bikes (subjectively, that is, I think Specialized gets the design tradeoffs right).

The satin doppio paint looks great, but it scratches easily and the rock guard integrated in the battery breaks somewhat easily (I'm on my second one and the first broke with a hit big enough to dent the frame - good thing it's hidden and doesn't appear to be structurally significant).

Still riding the original Butcher Grid Gravity T9s after more than 1000kms (although the rear one is slipping fairly often by now) and for my conservative needs they're more than fine - I got a second set ready to go in, but I might try some Ultra Soft Magic Mary's and see how it goes.

All the other components work great: I've never adjusted the X01 shifter and it still goes up and down perfectly and the Code RS brakes with the 220mm rotors front and rear feel really good (coming from 4 piston Shimano XTs which bite quickly at first, but then flatten out while the Code RS are more linear and feel like they have more stopping power if you keep pulling the levers more and more - the XTs were on 200mm rotors and a 29" front wheel, so everything else being equal they'd feel less powerful anyway).

Roval DH wheels appear to be strong as well - still no dents and I've felt the rims hitting some rocks and the ground (on some drops to flat) fairly hard a few times (22 and 25 PSI front and rear, no inserts yet - got some CushCores here, but I still haven't felt the need to get those in, maybe I'm putting too much faith in the Roval DH's strength).

On a side note I've recently switched to the Reserve Fillmore valves and they work as advertised - adjusting the tire pressure before each ride was a chore I tried to avoid as much as possible as sooner or later my valves would clog with Stan's and since the switch that hasn't been a problem anymore.

Overall I agree that the Kenevo Expert on sale is a great deal considering the market's current state. Plus, if you're after this plush + precise combo there aren't many bikes with a similar DH/downduro/freeride dual crown + dropper post configuration (the Haibike Nduro Freeride and the Pole Sonni with the dual crown fork are both more expensive, for example).

Trout74

Jul 25, 2019
Iowa
Thanks for your time and response. I concur. Great value, glad you’re having such good luck, that’s what I hope for as well. Cheers!

Trout74

Jul 25, 2019
Iowa
Good tip! I’m already looking for the web page. I also ordered the velociraptor limit bypass. Do you have any experience with it?

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
I picked up one a couple months ago discounted, swapped the Boxxer for a Zeb. Great bike, thinking the price drops mean the Kenevo’s days are numbered. Ether a new model or the end of the line.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles