2022 Specialized Kenevo

JohnL

Feb 8, 2024
Scotland
Purchased an Ex-Hire Kenevo from Alpine Bikes at Glentress at the end of December and thoroughly enjoying it.

Standard other than the bike came with a Hope Fortus 30 Rear wheel, and I’ve fitted an AXS Reverb Dropper, and GX AXS Rear Derailleur. Added a front MudHugger and have a SicoMTB rear to go on.

IMG_1714.jpeg

IMG_1767.jpeg

JohnL

Feb 8, 2024
Scotland
Cool, nice looking bike. Think about some battery cover protection and some shorter cranks.
Thanks! Do you mean protection for the battery door itself? I was under the impression that the external part of the battery had a protector built in? So adding a protector would just be protecting the protector?

IMG_2046.png

I’m definitely thinking about shorter cranks to hopefully reduce the number of pedal strikes. Probably Hope items. Any recommendations?

JohnL

Feb 8, 2024
Scotland
I personally think that’s the best full fat ebike specialized has in its line up. I’ve run mine mullet and currently full 29”. I like both setup.
Thanks, good to know. Glad to hear I’ve made a good choice.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Thanks! Do you mean protection for the battery door itself? I was under the impression that the external part of the battery had a protector built in? So adding a protector would just be protecting the protector?

View attachment 134052

I’m definitely thinking about shorter cranks to hopefully reduce the number of pedal strikes. Probably Hope items. Any recommendations?
That’s a $70 dollar chunk of plastic that will explode on the first hard rock crossing. I got this…

IMG_2713.png

thbryson1962

Sep 2, 2020
US
I personally think that’s the best full fat ebike specialized has in its line up. I’ve run mine mullet and currently full 29”. I like both setup.
I like full 29 best and have no pedal strikes anymore.
Anyone know where I can get a 700w battery in US for a deal. Only fault on my Kenevo. Thx

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles