2022 Levo Comp Carbon 700Wh battery consumption

gyuris75

Jul 31, 2021
Hungary
I have a 2022 Turbo Levo Comp Carbon with 700 Wh battery. After a long time experience with Bosch motor and 625 battery, now i am a little bit dissapointed with the range of my new Levo bike.
I can ride approx. 30-35 km with 500-800 m level, mainly in Trail Mode (35-70) and 25-30% of the battery left. My local shop gave me an other battery to try it, but the situation is the same after a test ride with a new battery (start 100%, 2,5 hours, 36 km, 820m, end battery 31%)
My question is, that it is a problem with my motor maybe, or are thesee good numbers?
Sorry for my bad english.

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
Mine on turbo at a constant speed of 20mph consumes 15% of battery for every 4.8 mile. On eco I can get over 54 mile. I have started going on my trail with it switched off for the workout, I did 30 mile on the way out with it switched off and rode back home with the battery at 100%. When I got back I had 28% battery left, this was a combination of using mainly 60% trail and 40% turbo. I agree, the battery capacity is crap even with the 700wt battery, its OK for downhill trails involving getting up to the top, but for flat trail distance runs the range isn't good enough to do serious distances. I like to be able do 100 mile and be out all day. I was thinking about getting a spare battery but not paying the rip off price of £1200. Plus its lugging the extra weight which becomes a burden.
I did this on my bafang bbshd carrying a spare 52v battery which weighed a ton coupled with everything else I'd take for the day, it weighed near on 20kg. Still it was good for the workout. I just wish I had the range I got with the bafang.

What you are getting from yours seems about right, try using it in micro tune as that gives you more control. After pedaling with it switched off for afew mile you soon get used to it and can definitely feel even putting it at 10% on micro tune.

Last edited:

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
Mine on turbo at a constant speed of 20mph consumes 15% of battery for every 4.8 mile. On eco I can get over 54 mile. I have started going on my trail with it switched off for the workout, I did 30 mile on the way out with it switched off and rode back home with the battery at 100%. When I got back I had 28% battery left, this was a combination of using mainly 60% trail and 40% turbo. I agree, the battery capacity is crap even with the 700wt battery, its OK for downhill trails involving getting up to the top, but for flat trail distance runs the range isn't good enough to do serious distances. I like to be able do 100 mile and be out all day. I was thinking about getting a spare battery but not paying the rip off price of £1200. Plus its lugging the extra weight which becomes a burden.
I did this on my bafang bbshd carrying a spare 52v battery which weighed a ton coupled with everything else I'd take for the day, it weighed near on 20kg. Still it was good for the workout. I just wish I had the range I got with the bafang.

What you are getting from yours seems about right, try using it in micro tune as that gives you more control. After pedaling with it switched off for afew mile you soon get used to it and can definitely feel even putting it at 10% on micro tune.
30 miles, no juice? That’s damn impressive! I’m hating life at anything over 3 miles with no power!

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
30 miles, no juice? That’s damn impressive! I’m hating life at anything over 3 miles with no power!

At the end of it though I'm totally wrecked and need a day to recover. I'm trying to build my leg muscles up after having a knee replacement.
The incentive to keep going is the enjoyment of going all the way back on full power and been out all day, rather than just doing 30 mile all on turbo for a couple of hours.

surflj

Feb 10, 2022
SoCal
On my 2022 Levo (3 weeks old) I am getting about 25 miles with using 30-35%, mostly flat bike trails. Almost all in Trail, which honestly covers almost any riding situations. Turbo up some hills and way better than my Bosch Speed motor. I figure I could probably get 50 miles in up and down the coast here in SoCal, about 20% better then my Bosch 500W battery. About the same considering 500W vs 700W. Also my Haibike was a good 10 lbs heaviest.
Always aware how headwinds are like a sea anchor, at times almost halving my mileage.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Diferent systems and bikes will provide diferent experiences and range. I have a Bosch bike with 625wh and standard Eco, Tour, Emtb, Bost, and a new bike with the new smart system , 750wh , Eco, Tour+, etc and they are diferent in feeling and range. Supose Tour against Tour+ makes the big difference.

Desert_Turtle

Mar 1, 2022
Palmdale, CA
How far you go depends on a lot of things including your weight, cadence, the terrain, and the mode you’re using. I weigh about 210 and my friends all weigh 30-40lbs less. If I ride in trail and they use turbo we use about the same amount of battery….we’re all on Levos w700wh batteries. There’s one ride we do that’s 20 miles and has about 2500ft of climbing. Using a combo of trail and turbo I finish the ride with about 25% if we’re hauling ass. If we ride at a more leisurely pace I can come back with 50%.

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
I went on same route yesterday and pushed on a bit further with battery switched off, I did 34.3 mile. On way back I did a mixture of eco and turbo. I got back with 17% left. On eco it was doing approx 0.7mile per 1%.
Checked the settings this morning and it was higher than I expected, acceleration response and shuttle were at 60%. As previously mentioned it all depends on your weight, what settings you have on the bike, weather and terrain.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
If you ignore conditions that really eat battery capacity such as strong headwind, slogging through soft ground etc, in nearly 3 years of riding the Gen2 Levo with 500w/h battery I always estimated a reasonably safe ( ie not running out of battery completely) total range to be c 30 miles. That is on a ride using mostly trail, turbo for short sections when needed, and I would rate my eight and the tyres I used as pretty average. So I would xpect a 700 w/h battery to be good for 40 to maybe 45 miles on that basis. Obviously if you have some easy going flat terrain, that would extend the range.

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
If you ignore conditions that really eat battery capacity such as strong headwind, slogging through soft ground etc, in nearly 3 years of riding the Gen2 Levo with 500w/h battery I always estimated a reasonably safe ( ie not running out of battery completely) total range to be c 30 miles. That is on a ride using mostly trail, turbo for short sections when needed, and I would rate my eight and the tyres I used as pretty average. So I would xpect a 700 w/h battery to be good for 40 to maybe 45 miles on that basis. Obviously if you have some easy going flat terrain, that would extend the range.

What settings are you on regarding shuttle ect as even on my 700wh I'm not getting nowhere near 40/45 mile, I weigh 11.5 stone too!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
What's why your getting those miles, having shuttle and acceleration response at zero. Having those wound up eats the battery.
..........and increased acceleration placed additional and uneccessary load on the motor since it is designed to more quickly overcome the inertia of a stationary 24kg bike plus rider!!

Geordy paul

Feb 7, 2022
Yorkshire
I would be amazed if any two riders would get the same results when it comes to range.
There are just too many variables to take into account.Rider weight is the single biggest factor to affect range.
For me, I,m a big lad, so my range is a lot less than that for a racing snake. The only real way to determine your range is to ride the bike a lot,and formulate an average for you personally.
I tried to fathom all of the complexities of mission control but it just fried my brain so gave up.
I leave the bike in trail at 35/50 and can get about 30 miles from a 700 battery.
I try and save the higher power levels for a treat at the end of a ride when I know I’ve got enough left to get home.

Desert_Turtle

Mar 1, 2022
Palmdale, CA
I think it’s fair to assume that almost any rider up to a reasonable weight, maybe 230-240, can go at least 20 miles in trail/turbo. Anybody who can pedal an ebike without assist uphill for more than a mile is an iron man and deserves a lot of respect. I carry a Tow-whee and have had to haul lots of people up hills because they’ve run out of juice and couldn’t pedal a 100 yards without power.

Winger

May 28, 2020
Birmingham
I have gone from a 20 Gen 1 alloy Turbo Levo to a 22 Alloy Gen3 Turbo levo,jeeze this new bike uses a lot of battery compared to the older bike, probably takes double the time to charge the battery over the same route.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles