2022 Kenevo SL Megathread - Excerpts

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Yes as I’m the one who invited him into the group on the basis he gave the discount to group members only. He also agreed to this in DM. He’s a start up not a big company.
Sorry mate but that sound pretty shallow.

Thanks to Doomanic though for introducing me and (many more)to a great product. You should hit the company up for a discount code

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
How’s that shallow ? Asking a company to sell a product people want and for me to get them a discount code for being a member ? How’s that shallow ? Please explain.I’m in Complete dialogue with Steve the owner. He was already in the group when I messaged his company.
as a business owner I used to get this all the time..
people like you wanting to be the white knights of trade discounts etc, take all the glory for delivering savings and on some occasions, trying to take a cut of those savings and make a few quid to boot.
so, doing it for your ego, I guess that would make is shallow
if you werent doing it for your ego, you would be happy that members here could enjoy the same discount, as it is, you want to keep it for your own facebook group.
thats how it comes across as I read it back

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Not getting paid a single penny dude !!

I also don’t get paid for running a group for like minded people.. jeez it’s not all about money you know. My group is different. It’s nice to have a bit of exclusivity and as I said before he’s a small start up. I’m tying to build a community. Ego ? Far from it man. You don’t know me so why judge me ? Do you judge all the you tubers who are hell bent in getting free bikes and free stuff and getting paid being a paid Member on forums ?

You sub to this to support this forum and to stop annoying adverts… so I have an ego?

You have it so wrong dude.

Lol
I didnt say it was about the money.. so stop deflecting.
see, youre a hero for running a fecelbook group for no reward. ego
I judged you based on what you had written about your reasons for not wanting that code on here, not based on what you may or may not profit by it.
so you only have misprepresentation to use as an argument here. sadly you have already represented yourself in previous comments.
in fact, if its not for the money, it has to be for the ego.. other wise like I said, you would be happy to share the discount here

please explain how I have an ego for subscribing to a forum to stop adverts..

Lol

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
You didn’t say this no ?

“trying to take a cut of those savings and make a few quid to boot”
ah look, a selective excerpt..
nice work mate..

"and on some occasions, trying to take a cut of those savings and make a few quid to boot."

oops, looks like you tried to misrepresent what I said again..

Lol

Last edited:

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
Not getting paid a single penny dude !!

I also don’t get paid for running a group for like minded people.. jeez it’s not all about money you know. My group is different. It’s nice to have a bit of exclusivity and as I said before he’s a small start up. I’m tying to build a community. Ego ? Far from it man. You don’t know me so why judge me ? Do you judge all the you tubers who are hell bent in getting free bikes and free stuff and getting paid being a paid Member on forums ?

You sub to this to support this forum and to stop annoying adverts… so I have an ego?

You have it so wrong dude.

Lol
I was in your group and shared early spy shots of the KSL. You deleted it and then reposted it yourself 😂 this was awhile ago but did crack me up. No spy shots! Unless there from the boss.

Endurafrika

Jul 7, 2022
Cape Town
Yes as I’m the one who invited him into the group on the basis he gave the discount to group members only. He also agreed to this in DM. He’s a start up not a big company.
How’s that shallow ? Asking a company to sell a product people want and for me to get them a discount code for being a member ? How’s that shallow ? Please explain.I’m in Complete dialogue with Steve the owner. He was already in the group when I messaged his company.
I have posted a link to his products 8 weeks ago on the FB group as part of a conversation - and thenI got banned for 4 weeks from the group (cause posting a link to a product - which I then learned was against group rules).
2 weeks on we have a promotion on the same product and cranks been offered on discount.... Grateful for the discount but it leaves a sour taste.

I beleive this is KSL picture...

View attachment 118614
I could well imagine that S will bring out the 1.2 for their S-works models only - and over time will offer for lesser models too.
This way they will be again able to offer an elevated product to their Sworks fanbase

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
I have posted a link to his products 8 weeks ago on the FB group as part of a conversation - and thenI got banned for 4 weeks from the group (cause posting a link to a product - which I then learned was against group rules).
2 weeks on we have a promotion on the same product and cranks been offered on discount.... Grateful for the discount but it leaves a sour taste.

I could well imagine that S will bring out the 1.2 for their S-works models only - and over time will offer for lesser models too.
This way they will be again able to offer an elevated product to their Sworks fanbase
Bikeinn (where the frames posted) also show other specialized models in new colourways, It seems UK markets a bit behind!

only one way to know, someone has to order the frame :ROFLMAO:

Endurafrika

Jul 7, 2022
Cape Town
More the reason why it says no links to products unless you ask me or I have permission from the Company/s. I did not have that permission and I was then in dialogue with the company to get you and other members the discount.. and now you say I’m bad for doing that and that leaves a taste in your mouth ?

Not to mention specialized rider care are in the group. I already had one rider care team guy throwing his weight around stating “void warranty” but you don’t see that do you ?

Others have messaged me privately if they have issues and it’s sorted there and then.

You still in the group ?
Yes, still member of the group.

I did not know that web links will need permission from the respective company or you to be posted on FB.

I did message your privately enquiring why I was blocked - and you explained to me the reason, fair enough. I apologised because I was genuinely not aware of this rule - and you still went ahead and banned me for 4 weeks. So no, that did not go down well.

However, I do realise that it takes more to manage a group to maintain its integrity than updating the pictures or group icons. Most of us are certainly grateful to use this as a (spam free) place of exchange and much needed advice.

Staff member
Subscriber
Jul 15, 2020
FORUM
Not sure that any of this has anything really to do with the threads it's in - the fact that it's managed to spill into 2 threads is quite impressive !

If @Killswitch73 needs this splitting into a separate thread to discuss the rules/membership/rights and wrong of his facebook SL group then we can do that if it helps him managed that, learn from, communicate with members who possibly can't communicate on there or would like to be part of the group but are blocked/removed for whatever reasons. If we put it in wasteland it won't be popping up in everyone's main feeds. Obviously, there's two sides to any moderation and mistakes can be made.

As it is we'd prefer to delete all of it from the threads as it has absolutely zero relevance to the actual bike discussions on here.

In terms of general reference.

Checking the logs - @Doomanic posted a promotional link with a discount code (which is quite common, especially for new companies who have minimum exposure. It's free advertising and leads to an increase in potential sales).

@Killswitch73 asked for him to be a gent and remove it. He did. At the same time, @Killswitch73 had quoted @Doomanic's post, so even with @Doomanic removing it, it was still visible in @Killswitch73's posts.

@Killswitch73 says that the code has been changed, so I would propose that as @Doomanic complied to the request but was still removed from the facebook group, then as a "gent" @Killswitch73 should re-instate @Doomanic - it's upto @Doomanic from there if he stays or not.

I think it's fair to say that NO ONE has ever asked for a promo code to be removed or for their product to be removed.

As a general rule, if something is in the public domain, we don't remove it. The SL facebook group might be private, but people will naturally spread the code - this is promotion !

If "Steve" would really like us to remove any promotion of FORX from the forum, I don't think we can as it's public domain. It's already been on the forum for weeks before in other threads (though ones which didn't get much exposure).

Generally, it's better for the users, for all these groups to work in harmony and not in competition. It's about sharing thoughts, ideas and experiences. Information will always move from one place to another. Invariably, whenever someone thinks they've found/posted something first - someone else found it but just decided to keep quiet or asked the moderators if they could post it and were asked to wait. No one really cares where it comes from first except in the case of Embargo's so it can be traced back quickly and removed.

In the interest of everyone, all the posts relating to this discussion will be moved into a new wasteland thread in 24 hours. What you do with it from there is upto you.

Staff member
Subscriber
Jul 15, 2020
FORUM
We've been very efficient and moved the posts early ..

If you do feel the need to continue, please remember that the normal forum rules still apply.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
The part of this I find most amazing is that people still use Facebook.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles