2022 Heckler rear shocks uses roller bearing mounting hardware for rear shock rear eyelet?

Ushtang

Sep 14, 2020
USA
Can anyone confirm if roller bearing mounts are used for the rear eyelet of the rear shock on 2022 Hecklers?
I have an R build Carbon C MX build 2022 Heckler. The Santa Cruz site states the rear eyelet of the rear shock uses roller bearing mounts. I bought a new shock with roller bearing mounting hardware to replace the shock my bike came with.

When I removed the old shock, it had standard mounting hardware and not roller bearing hardware. The new shock with roller bearing hardware seems to fit fine and I installed it pretty easy. Haven't ridden it yet though.
But wanted to see if anyone look at their 2022 Heckler and say what time of shock mounting hardware is on the rear eyelet of the rear shock their bike came with.
Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 11.14.06 AM.png

Rusty762

Apr 7, 2022
Monterey, CA
You might want to message member "crrichmo" on here, he has a Fox DHX 2 coil on his which is also what I am going to install on mine in a couple months. Its surprising they show it with a roller bearing on the back. I just installed a Smashpot on my Fox 36 and it completely changed the front end, a coil on the back will be a game changer...

Ushtang

Sep 14, 2020
USA
is it mandatory to have roller bearing ? can I replace with standard ?!
Guess you can. The shock my bike originally came with didn't have bearing mounts. For the short time I rode it before changing shocks I guess it seemed fine.

But then again I can't help but wonder if not having bearing mounts introduces any unnecessary friction or stiction.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
is it mandatory to have roller bearing ? can I replace with standard ?!

No, it's not, but in some suspension designs it does help with small bump performance, particularly as the bushings get dirty and gunked up. You usually don't need a roller bearing on both eyelets either. I installed RWE roller bearings on my bikes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles